forum

[Archived] Problems when starting osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MenelBOT
Hi, recently when i start osu! my game loads just like allways, but then prompts a log-in screen, after i log in, everything seems fine, but when i hit play and solo I notice that my skin was reset to default, so i changed it back to my usual skin (Hidden+Optimized+v1.6) and osu! crashed. I restarted it and used default because i thought that it was a problem with the skin, but when i logged in (Again) and selected a beatmap and started playing it Osu! started lagging like never before, and after a few seconds it crashes.
I tried looking for answers by googling them, but to no avail, i failed, so i am asking for help here.
Death
Have you tried restarting your computer yet?

If that doesn't help, check your event viewer for the crash log and post it here. Here is a guide on how to do so: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/638421?start=6231904
Topic Starter
MenelBOT
@Death
Umm, by recently i meant like 3 months or something close to that
Also by following the guide I found nothing
Death
If your game is crashing then something should be in your event viewer. Has it been three months since the last time you crashed?

Try running the game as an administrator and hitting the "repair folder permissions" button in the options menu.
Topic Starter
MenelBOT
I have been trying like 3 times a week and it assways crashed, no sing of any report tho
After repairing the permissions the game just drops millions of errors thet read
"Nie można odczytać pliku powtórki"
To english it's
"Unable to read the replay file"
and then crashes
Death
Ok, that's an interesting error message to get after trying to repair your folder permissions...

Can you try holding shift while starting the game and hitting "repair osu!" on the window that pops up?
Topic Starter
MenelBOT
I tried that, but nothing changed
Edit 1.Can that be an driver incompatibility?
Because last time i remember osu working perfectly fine was before i updated my nvidia gpu drivers, is osu still compatible with NVidia GeForce?
Edit 2.Now i have tried Osu!Lazer and the newest version is working great (That if you count 15FPS, when normally osu was hitting that sweet 240FPS and common lag spikes as great. I count that as great because now normal osu crashes without leaving a mark)
Edit 3.Well now something changed, Osu! now just terminates on startup so i can't even access that menu again.
Edit 4.Also by dropping a million errors i meant those that pop up on the right side of the screen, they have 3 colors Red (Error) Green (People available also something i don't remember) and Purple (Which I saw only when someone sent me a private message)
Edit 5,6,7,9 are just spelling
Edit 8. I have played Osu!Lazer for 3 hours now and it is way smoother so i decided to switch to Osu!Lazer until the issue will get fixed
Edit 10. Uhm... are you going to reply?
Edit 11. I've rolled back my GPU drivers ald the problem seems to be halfway to resolved. Now It's just to get osu to read my reply files
show more