forum

[Archived] Osu completely crashes my PC

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jolie_Frite
I've had a serious issue with Osu just completely breaking down mid-game, and it's only very recently happened. Essentially, When I'm in a beatmap, the game will freeze and the audio jitters sporadically before my screen goes black and the audio returns, and the fans in my computer go from "barely audible" to "thunderous roar" instantly. Not even a gradual build up over time, just, from 0 to 100, instantly. After the screen goes black, it can't detect any video input from the computer even though audio (such as discord voice channels and soundtracks) will come through just fine. The only way I can resolve the issue is by restarting my PC by holding down the power button and turning it back on.
The problem appeared a few months back, out of the blue, about an hour into a game session. It happened another time, also well into a game session, but today it happened almost immediately after I jumped into a beatmap. I tried some different fixes, such as making sure drivers are up to date and restricting fps, but none of them have worked, and the problem is persisting. So far it's happened four times today.
How do I fix this?
Dntm8kmeeatu
What Graphics card do you have, and what Drivers are you using?

Might as well give the rest of your specs and setup.
Topic Starter
Jolie_Frite

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

What Graphics card do you have, and what Drivers are you using?

Might as well give the rest of your specs and setup.

Nvidia GTX 760, Driver version 399.07
Other bits include an Intel i7 4790 @ 3.6 GHz and 12 GB of RAM (Can't remember the configuration)
show more