forum

[resolved] Osu with Black screen and Compatibility mode

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
2pol
So when i open Osu! it shows a black screen if it's not V sync but i can press shift+click Osu!.exe and change it to V sync and then change it back to 120/240/unlimited FPS when playing but the problem is the cursor has a delay so you click compatibility mode to fix it right? well it just makes my Osu! open with a black screen but it does play sounds coming from the game pls help.
Death
Compatibility mode isn't meant to fix cursor delay.

Reinstall your graphics drivers.

Compatibility mode can be disabled by holding shift while starting osu! to launch the repair dialog, or by editing the "osu!.pcname.cfg" file in your osu! folder and setting the line CompatibilityContext equal to 0.
Topic Starter
2pol
i reinstalled my graphics drivers but it was still the same
Death
What GPU do you have? And have you restarted your computer at all since you made this post?

I gave you instructions on how to disable compatibility mode so you won't have a black screen anymore.
Topic Starter
2pol
Intel(R) HD Graphics 620,AMD Radeon (TM) R7 M340. Yes

my compatibility mode was always turned off since i noticed the blackscreen, i get blackscreens when i either change the frame(not in game), press alt-tab, press edit (mode) or change to compatibility mode

i can open it with V sync (and other frames but only when i don't open osu first? like it is opened but not displayed on launch then click it when it glows orange)

my problem was the mouse delay (now it's fixed but sometimes it still has a delay but ehhh) and the black screen is bothering me when i edit my custom skin
Topic Starter
2pol
fixed now
turns out i downloaded an application (a long time ago) that messes with frames
show more