forum

[Archived] Fps glitch when music starts

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Akazukin-MK2
I recorded the glitch, visible here at 0:03:
https://my.mixtape.moe/jhdqxl.webm

What could be causing this? I thought it might be related to osu's audio decoder but I haven't seen anybody else talk about it so maybe it's something about my drivers or settings. It happens with all beatmaps, more visible in the fast ones. By the way, my headphones are usb (related maybe?), right now I don't have analog jack headphones to try with.

Let's add some info on my settings:
- 1080p full screen native (borderless/windowed still happens)
- global offset 0ms (changing offset makes it happen with delay, still happens)
- storyboard off (tested with maps that had no storyboard in the first place)
- beatmap skin off (as above)
- windows 7 aero off (makes no difference)
Dntm8kmeeatu
I can't view the video atm but I'm going to take a shot in the dark by how you described it;

Make sure your Universal Offset is 0 in the options menu.
Topic Starter
Akazukin-MK2
Not trying to be rude but, is this a meme? I got the same answer last time I tried to bring up this issue <.<
Yes I tried with offset 0ms: http://webm.land/w/pb2j/
Flanster

NeechanSuki wrote:

my headphones are usb (related maybe?)

Possibly since they don't use the system's onboard drivers. The "fps glitch" you see its a slight hiccup in audio calculations. You can try a different USB port, preferably the ones on the back. Until you can test this with 3.5mm jack headsets we can't be too sure.
Topic Starter
Akazukin-MK2

Flanster wrote:

Possibly since they don't use the system's onboard drivers. The "fps glitch" you see its a slight hiccup in audio calculations.

Today I tried with analog jack stereo headphones and the standard asus mobo driver realtek hd audio but looks like it made no difference. It's not like I cannot deal with the glitch like I did till now but, on certain maps when the music starts exactly on the first note, since it stutters there, it often causes a miss or acc drop.
show more