forum

Feeling something when missing and continuing a Beatmap.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Knifs
After trying to find the answer and see if anybody had the same problem as me, I guess I couldn't find my answer.

So, usually when I play Taiko and I continue after missing and not retrying, I feel something in my heart, like a uncomfortable feeling around my heart area. This makes me end up Retrying the Beatmap and thus, I begin a cycle of missing and retrying and then quitting the Beatmap. These are my following questions:

1) Why does this feeling happen to me every time I continue the Beatmap after missing and not retrying?
2) Is there any way to stop this from happening?
3) Should I immediately quit the Beatmap or try to fight through it?
4) Should I seek medical help?

Please put the number of the question(s) like this please, so its easy and understandable which question you are answering:

e.g.

1) [Answer goes here]

Also feel free to answer more than one question.

Thank you for reading this post.
LordAverage
1) Combination of a mental block and building yourself up because at this point you expect that feeling

2) You'll have to expose yourself to failure more often and change your mindset.

3) Sometimes you grind an FC on a map if you really think its achievable but combo is not that important in taiko anyway. You should mostly continue unless you deem the run just trash. Usually 1 or 2 misses is not a big deal at all.

4) Maybe. Sounds anxiety related or something if it's only happening when playing osu. Otherwise something is actually wrong near your heart but i'm sure it's just mental. Try a break from the game or playing some easier or more chill songs (or play some multiplayer possibly) may also help.

Definitely not normal, sounds like you've built it up to more than what it is in your mind to me. Of course never take the internets word about medical advice, go if you think you may need it.
apaajaboleh10
PP calculation in taiko doesn't use max combo. Instead it counts how many hitcircles you hit, how many you miss, star rating, od, accuracy, mods that you use (excluding HR, DT, EZ because they tamper with the star rating and od). You don't need to worry if you miss a note.

Instead of feeling something missing when you miss a note, I somewhat feel better after I miss. I always feel nervous when I have a good run on a particularly difficult song. My left hand feels cold before it numbs whenever I'm nervous.
Akazukin-MK2
Oh I know that feel too well, I used PF and SD so many times when I was beginning to play taiko that my play count reached over 10k in a single month. I think it's simple frustration especially when you know you could avoid missing easily. Luckily osu!taiko awards more for precision rather than combo, achieving a 98% FC on a 500 circles map can give less pp than 98,5 without FC (you prolly already know but for the record anyway) so even when you miss, if your precision is high don't stop, try to get a score. If you're worried about ruining your stats, just play offline a bit 'till you get good on that map (many do that actually, not me tho).
WillSellers
Try thinking about it differently, the time it takes getting an FC can be spent on new songs, and thus probably more pp, and better practice toward your next FC. Try getting used to failing, and playing on random then after a day or two retrying instead of 10x fc attempts all at once. I was like this when I played standard, and when I stopped my rank went up a lot faster, and I found I could do good at higher stars.

Try filtering out difficulties you can already get near FC for most songs, and playing songs you haven't gotten a rank on yet.

Something else I did was delete all but my best 3 local scores for a song, and play only until I beat the lowest one so I could still get the satisfaction of seeing that you're doing better than the last few times you played the song.
show more