forum

Shareable beatmap lists that allow the other person to download via Osu!Direct

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
JamesYeoman
Whenever I go around my mates house, we end up 'syncing' our beatmaps but it gets tedious having to put 10GB+ onto a USB stick taking about half an hour and then the extracting from the USB stick takes longer (because he has a s**t HDD). I have also recently got a new computer and I forgot to transfer the beatmaps from my old one before factory resetting it...

If there was an option to share a list of beatmaps with the download links embedded (somehow... maybe as the public key in collection.db) in that list, I could get back to a large Osu! library and syncing between mine and my mate's libraries would be MUCH easier
F4ll3n53r4ph
I second this. Less of a hassle sharing playlists through BanCho DM too on "Can I have maps that have X" , instead of having to scroll through every map then /np them, just compile a collection, send the link of the collection which will be opened in browser containing all the maps. Done.

The entries should be light storage-wise so..... Peppy please make it happen!
Shawntell
I support this. This would be helpful for backup purposes.
Nathanael
I disapprove this request. This basically gives osu!direct access to normal users. It is meant for supporters.

F4ll3n53r4ph wrote:

instead of having to scroll through every map then /np them, just compile a collection, send the link of the collection which will be opened in browser containing all the maps.!

Sharing the collection without using other tools is way better and productive. It just needs to be implemented without using other programs. Adds more use for the collections than just storing beatmaps in groups.
Nitrous

Nathanael wrote:

I disapprove this request. This basically gives osu!direct access to normal users. It is meant for supporters.

F4ll3n53r4ph wrote:

instead of having to scroll through every map then /np them, just compile a collection, send the link of the collection which will be opened in browser containing all the maps.!
Sharing the collection without using other tools is way better and productive. It just needs to be implemented without using other programs. Adds more use for the collections than just storing beatmaps in groups.
Would you reconsider in the future? peppy stated that osu!direct will be available to normal users in the future.
Nathanael

Nitrous wrote:

Would you reconsider in the future? peppy stated that osu!direct will be available to normal users in the future.

We're not sure if they'll decide that in stable (it also give large bandwidth stress in the servers), but hey, sharing and displaying collections can be added in lazer where osu!direct is probably accessible to everyone.
show more