forum

[Archived] Osu! unknow lag input [potentially RTX driver update] [TEMPORARY fix found]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
osu mon
Hello,
I just launched osu! played some maps and surprisingly i had around 2 ms latency more than usual.
today was the release of the new rtx series from nvidia , for that purpose they also released a new driver which i installed.
As i didn't try playing osu just before doing the update, i can't tell if that was the problem but one thing for sure is that osu launches on the integrated intel graphics and launching it on nvidia just makes it fked up.
I'd like if any of you had the same trouble and also if you know of any fix.

(i already optimised my osu! a while ago to have the minimum latency i could get which was around 1.8ms and i rechecked it all today)

Anyway thanks yall for listening to me

[found a temporary fix for the latency: checking the compatibility mode let me run at 1.8ms ingame But made the game longer to load and alt-tabs became buggy and annoying]
Death
What GPU do you have?

Did you update through GeForce Experience and have you restarted your computer since installing the new drivers? Have you checked your control panel to make sure any of the settings you changed before have not changed back? Do you have any other programs running in the background? Is so, try closing them.

If you've done all that and nothing seems to be working, try uninstalling your drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstalling them drivers with the download Nvidia provides on their website. Also check the "clean install" option in the installer (I believe it is under advanced or custom install). If you decide to do this you'll probably need to set some of your control panel settings again.

It is possible that the new drivers are causing issues if you do decide to go through that process and are still having issues, considering your Intel GPU is working fine. You can probably extra-verify this by rolling back to an older driver version if you want.

I haven't really seen others complaining about decreased performance (here or anywhere else), but I'll be on the lookout for anyone having the same issues if it becomes a common trend. Normally when there are common issues across multiple games a ton of people immediately post in the feedback thread on Nvidia's forums, but I'm not really seeing that.
Topic Starter
osu mon

Death wrote:

What GPU do you have?

Did you update through GeForce Experience and have you restarted your computer since installing the new drivers? Have you checked your control panel to make sure any of the settings you changed before have not changed back? Do you have any other programs running in the background? Is so, try closing them.

If you've done all that and nothing seems to be working, try uninstalling your drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstalling them drivers with the download Nvidia provides on their website. Also check the "clean install" option in the installer (I believe it is under advanced or custom install). If you decide to do this you'll probably need to set some of your control panel settings again.

It is possible that the new drivers are causing issues if you do decide to go through that process and are still having issues, considering your Intel GPU is working fine. You can probably extra-verify this by rolling back to an older driver version if you want.

I haven't really seen others complaining about decreased performance (here or anywhere else), but I'll be on the lookout for anyone having the same issues if it becomes a common trend. Normally when there are common issues across multiple games a ton of people immediately post in the feedback thread on Nvidia's forums, but I'm not really seeing that.

I've got a 960m (which i believe was known before to have trouble with osu! long ago)
I updated via geforce experience and also did reboot also checked there were no new programs running in the background.
I want to avoid rolling back driver/ reinstalling as i don't rly have time to spend on it atm.
for now i'll bear with the compatibility mode small issues and check if anything changes after some days. If not i'll just rollback the driver / run a clean install of the new one
thank you for your time
ghostnightryu
I got gtx 965m and I had the same issue so I rolled back the driver. Until next driver update im going to keep current version
Cartkif
I have a GTX 1060 and I'm having the same issue. First, I thought it had something to do with me installing osu! on a SSD while it was still on my HDD, so I removed both and then installed everything again JUST on my SSD. Then I thought it was drivers related (sound+GPU) so I updated both but nothing seems to work. In my case, I feel like it's more than 2ms of lag input because it really is noticable. I hope someone will find a solution asap because I can't play
Death

Cartkif wrote:

I have a GTX 1060 and I'm having the same issue. First, I thought it had something to do with me installing osu! on a SSD while it was still on my HDD, so I removed both and then installed everything again JUST on my SSD. Then I thought it was drivers related (sound+GPU) so I updated both but nothing seems to work. In my case, I feel like it's more than 2ms of lag input because it really is noticable. I hope someone will find a solution asap because I can't play
Restart your computer, close other programs you have running in the background (anything you don't need to have open for your computer to work properly).

And FWIW, the post directly above yours just said rolling back their drivers one version fixed this issue for them.
awen478
this happen to me too after the rtx update i got from normally 200fps+ and 5ms to 98-101 fps and 10 ms i am trying compabillity to but its the same not working

iam trying to rollback now gonna edit this if that working

its working fine right now the rtx driver is the problem for me
show more