forum

shit provoking question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Achromalia
Why do we still get stuck in the rut of shit content in OT even when anyone makes attempts to do something new?

The 99% alcohol v. OT Cider "drama" got stale after the first couple somewhat eventful days, and might've even gotten stale the second it got "dramatic", even if it was somewhat different from the usual shitposts in OT. Personally it was fun while it lasted but now I'm about done with the concept.

OT is indeed a wasteland. Perhaps only the few threads like ITT, posting shit that was never funny nor interesting, would prevail here.

So why do we come back to this wasteland, generally devoid of good content?
Westonini
Honestly I feel you over that OT alcohol stuff. I was a tad hesitant to join the "Union of Drinks" specifically because I thought it was getting old. Also my ale started out as a jab towards the abundance of other drinks people were making but somehow turned into a thing for some reason. I don't even know what's happening anymore.
Serraionga

i think i should start a chain of "why is OT so shit", "OT has only garbage", "is OT dying" threads

ye olde OT
Dialect
well idk..

i just play along in OT
johnmedina999
The only other forum I was interested in was the Puyo Nexus forum but it closed down a while ago.
johnmedina999
Also this OT beer stuff is still better than the OT Civil War.
ColdTooth
trust me, if OT is dying, i will not go down

i will definitely go to the bottum
TeeArctic1
It is no secret that the forums are less populated than before, and with less people, I believe there are less dynamic interactions. That means there aren't as many turns a post can go anymore, as there are fewer people to chime in with their own opinions and contributions.

The 99% alcohol v. OT Cider was fun while it lasted, and was on my part an attempt to do something a bit different than the standard shitpost, but even then, you can only do so much before it gets old and you have to find out something new to do. That's just how the internet is. We consume content at an alarming rate and always hunger for more original, new things to consume. ITT survives on that concept alone, how its sole purpose is to provide new content.

Why we stay differs a bit from person to person. Maybe you're an oldfag longing for ye good olde times. Maybe you just don't have anything new to do. I stay here because I love the community. I think I always will, and thus I'm not willing to leave it just yet.

Although the 99% alcohol and business aspect of OT has grown stale by now, it was still a nice changeup from the usual shitpost. A different direction, if you may. I liked it. It took more effort, more interaction. That is what I'd like to see, but not everyone has the time to do that. Not many people make new threads either, which lead to the forums being somewhat dead sometimes too. Hopefully that will change.
abraker
I have noticed it depends how much effort to push things along. My next thread is taking a some time to make, and if I came out with it yesterday, then I think this thread would have been delayed by about a day. Maybe I'm biased saying this, but during days I am not active I see a dramatic decrease in activity.

I hope OT!Bingo, when it comes, will bring relight OT a bit again. That will happen sometime, but I don't want to say soon. I said OT!Bingo would come ages ago and it still hasn't come, but progress is being made.

It does seem that some of you are putting in enough effort to come together as a team to produce something better. I, John, Blitzfrog, and Kai came together to produce OT!Neus during the fag era. This time around it seems Achromalia, MinNin, and TeeArctic1 can come together to do something.
Meah
I want a pet cow or donkey
Westonini

Meah wrote:

thats pretty ebpick.
Topic Starter
Achromalia
In light of recent events, I'm considering something to perhaps counter the effects of this newly titled virus strain, "Trashipitus-B".

This will require some time and careful planning. May we all hope for the best.
Dialect

Achromalia wrote:

In light of recent events, I'm considering something to perhaps counter the effects of this newly titled virus strain, "Trashipitus-B".

I am attempting to find a cure, but can't currently as Trashipitus-M is slowly making its way around OT.
Topic Starter
Achromalia

MinNin wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

I am attempting to find a cure, but can't currently as Trashipitus-M is slowly making its way around OT.
Dont. Dont even try. You just made it worse than it had been. Leave the area and seclude yourself from anyone and everyone. Go. Let things take it's course. Hopefully it'll die down instead.
Dialect

Achromalia wrote:

MinNin wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Dont. Dont even try. You just made it worse than it had been. Leave the area and seclude yourself from anyone and everyone. Go. Let things take it's course. Hopefully it'll die down instead.

It won't.. That's how OT always was: a place to shitpost and rant on shitposters...
Meah

Westonini wrote:

Meah wrote:

thats pretty ebpick.

good pet to have
Topic Starter
Achromalia
Fine. I'll be sitting here in seclusion. Let things take it's course, he says.

This mustn't be a mistake.
levesterz
I\|ljt'*^*
johnmedina999

levesterz wrote:

I\|ljt'*^*
Same