forum

Union of Drinks

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1

As the head of Arctic Enterprises, I am pleased to announce this joint operation by the Owner of Western Wonders Incorporated, Westonini; creator of Westonini Ale™, myself and MinNin, the Owner of Min's Bar and Creator of Min Beer™. Together, we hereby form the Official Union of Drinks!

The Official Union of Drinks' purpose is to protect the rights of all brewers in the vast lands of OT, represent their interests, work for justice, freedom and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. It is our intention to oppose all unjust treatment of our people and in fellowship protect ourselves against the transgressions of all who seek to attack us.

The Owner of Western Wonders Incorporated had this to say:

I'd just like to say that we, The Union of Drinks, simply will not stand for this alcohol oppression and will do all in our power to make the necessary changes to create a society where all alcoholic beverages, regardless of their price, company, and flavor, have the freedom to be drank by all who dwell in OT. At this moment in time, we're living in a place where alcohol is neglected, unwanted, and abused. If the OT Royal Society has even a sliver of empathy left in their hearts, we may be able to convince said society to overturn this unsavory policy and make them realize the error of their ways. Thank you for taking precious time out of your day to read this, and here's in hopes that the future contains alcohol for us all!

Cheers,
- Westonini, Owner of Western Wonders Incorporated

TeeArctic1,
Head of Arctic Enterprises

Westonini,
Owner of Western Wonders Incorporated

MinNin,
Owner of Min's bar
Achromalia
thank
johnmedina999
I think it's against the law for corporations to team up like this.

Topic Starter
TeeArctic1

johnmedina999 wrote:

I think it's against the law for corporations to team up like this.

This is akin to labourers joining forces to protect their own rights. Or you might call it a business partnership. This is but a way for us to represent our own interests and protect our business. We might be compared to this: https://www.nho.no/en/english/articles/about-nho/
ColdTooth
ILLEGAL
Westonini
To commemorate this historical new beginning I'm running a sale. Not 25%, not 50%, but 75% off all alcoholic products for the next few days! May the OT denizens drink plenty whilst knowing that their favorite alcoholic beverages will surely be completely safe for centuries to come.
Achromalia

Westonini wrote:

To commemorate this historical new beginning I'm running a sale. Not 25%, not 50%, but 75% off all alcoholic products for the next few days! May the OT denizens drink plenty whilst knowing that their favorite alcoholic beverages will surely be completely safe for centuries to come.
hell ye

Ale and Cider, makes life brighter.
abraker
Interesting . . .
Dialect

Westonini wrote:

indeed!

*Min Beer sold exclusively at your nearest Osmart and Min's Bar*

(you will get a coupon at your nearest Osmart for a discount on *almost* any drink)
johnmedina999

TeeArctic1 wrote:

This is akin to labourers joining forces to protect their own rights.
The link you posted is a workers' union, which is legal. You're not a worker, however: you're an owner. Joining businesses like this is unfair competition and can lead to monopolies very quickly.
Dialect

johnmedina999 wrote:

TeeArctic1 wrote:

Joining businesses like this is unfair competition and can lead to monopolies very quickly.
How though?
Topic Starter
TeeArctic1

johnmedina999 wrote:

TeeArctic1 wrote:

This is akin to labourers joining forces to protect their own rights.

The link you posted is a workers' union, which is legal. You're not a worker, however: you're an owner. Joining businesses like this is unfair competition and can lead to monopolies very quickly.

Companies cooperate all the time. The NHO itself is meant to be a counterpart to LO, the other largest worker's union; which represents the common worker. NHO on the other side represents the business side of things and has many members who themselves own businesses and who remain there to protect their own interests. Besides, the market already risked being monopolized by the Royal Society, we're for a fair and just market that allows for all beverages to prosper.
johnmedina999
OK you win, carry on ^_^