forum

relaxing tapping fingers but maintaining speed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
chronicl
One of the things I need to learn is how to not tense my middle (main) finger while single tapping, especially when there are multiple consecutive fast jumps. I find myself tapping way harder the bigger and the faster the jumps.

It's also hard for me to not tense up during fast and long streams (bpm>180).

I just can't maintain my speed if I keep my fingers relaxed and my aim also becomes worse, because i can't use my hands independently and as I relax my left hand I automatically also relax my right hand, which makes my aim slower/less snappy.

All the tensing up is making it really hard to play consecutive burst patterns and i occasionally feel a bit of pain in my middle finger as a result of tapping too hard. Multiple people on this forum and on reddit do recommend to play with relaxed fingers but i just can't figur out how to do it.

Does anyone have advice on how to keep my tapping fingers relaxed during consecutive single taps and during long streams, but also maintain my speed?
Ninonuko
On the speed you're not comfortable with? you can't, telling from my own experience.
In fact you need to tense to go beyond your limit, at least for stream. I'm used to tense on 200bpm, now I could relax my hand on 200bpm at least for 100~ notes.
I have nothing to say about the jumpy part, I'm also tend to tap harder on huge jump even on low bpm.
KaBluei
I personally noticed I have those good days where I can silently tap streams of 180-200BPM without choking, (with exception of mindblock strats) but I have other days where I tap loud because either A. I need to hear my tapping rhythm through my headset vol., or B. As you mentioned in a way, my fingers have trouble with the jumps.

Honestly for me, Tense=acc, loose=speed. You kinda have to pick based on the situation, environment, your finger's condition etc.

Honestly, it's a bit different from person to person, finding out exactly how to solve it yourself may just be the only way at a certain point. :/
Syneergy
I mean if you want to become good at playing with relaxed fingers. Yoy just have to binge play with relaxed fingers.. I mean its not hard
show more