forum

[Archived] Crash everytime using skins

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HatsuneUzara110
hello. before i start, i'm very new at osu! (well you might seen my account and i made this account 4 years ago. I know, i already played 4 years ago. but not that serious as now). So my problem is everytime i'm using skin, my Osu! crash (there are no crash report something like that. just freeze). At the main menu the skin work, but after i play the song. The game freeze, did someone know how to fix this? i really want to use skin thou ;_;

*Also, i have problem again. i found a beatmap but after i played it the game freeze too

osu! version: 20180626.1
Doge Owner
Does it only happen with a particular skin or on that particular beatmap?
Uta
Try other skins to see if its freezes too. If not, the problem is the skin that you are currently using.
Topic Starter
HatsuneUzara110

Uta wrote:

Try other skins to see if its freezes too. If not, the problem is the skin that you are currently using.
so i downloaded some few skins and one of them work, so yeah i guess there are problem on skin that i'm using. but to be honest, the skin that work that i dont like :<
Death
Can you post a download link to the skin that is causing issues?
Topic Starter
HatsuneUzara110

Death wrote:

Can you post a download link to the skin that is causing issues?

here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XyjZfORIJNwu7HyJ7DdF8PDdtAOerCDA/view
i'm using Xera's skin, i really like his/her skin. i've tried his/her skin before on my Opsu! (osu!droid like). I try it first on my Opsu! because i rarely open my laptop xD
Lyawi
Hello

I assume your guess it's because of the skin is wrong. I have played with it and looked through the whole skin folder, there isn't something wrong with it.
I can still advise you to delete all "useless" files (or more of moving to an other localisation at first) and see if it's better then. Those useless files would be all files with "@2x" in the end of the name and the Photoshop files (.psd). Also, just to make sure, remove both applause.wav sound files out of the folder (they're playing in the ranking panel when you just finished a beatmap).
After you have done this, press ctrl+shift+alt+s in osu! to refresh the skin and see if it works now.
Topic Starter
HatsuneUzara110

Lyawi wrote:

Hello

I assume your guess it's because of the skin is wrong. I have played with it and looked through the whole skin folder, there isn't something wrong with it.
I can still advise you to delete all "useless" files (or more of moving to an other localisation at first) and see if it's better then. Those useless files would be all files with "@2x" in the end of the name and the Photoshop files (.psd). Also, just to make sure, remove both applause.wav sound files out of the folder (they're playing in the ranking panel when you just finished a beatmap).
After you have done this, press ctrl+shift+alt+s in osu! to refresh the skin and see if it works now.

Thanks for your help. But sadly it's still not working. But the good thing that i finally found a good skin that work.
bluezenither
Hi, I'm currently having the same issue. except this time, it's with the Skin Rafis currently uses. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Death

bluezenither wrote:

Hi, I'm currently having the same issue. except this time, it's with the Skin Rafis currently uses. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Please create a new thread with a download link to the skin you are using and any crash logs you can find. If an "oh no osu! crashed" window pops up, click on it to reveal the log. Otherwise, you'll need to try to find it in your event viewer. A guide explaining how to do that can be found here.