forum

Virtual tablet area for wacom pen screens

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_10123601
I have an idea for people who have a pen-enabled screen.

In short, a small part of the corner will be used to read cursor position, and then the game scales it up.

with this, you can play comfortably on a thinkpad x61t, x220t, x230t, x201t, etc, just any laptop with a screen that has wacom pen functionality :D

in short:
* game uses a small part of the screen (probably in the bottom left/right corner) for the input instead of the whole game

it would be so much better, like, laptop users would suddenly become pro, and it seems somewhat easy enough to implant :D
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_10123601
bump
Death
Please don't bump your requests with meaningless replies, it does nothing. This is also listed right on the forum guidelines: https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/454006
abraker

Death wrote:

Please don't bump your requests with meaningless replies, it does nothing
Actually I'd argue it puts the request into visibility again for people to see it when it would never be found otherwise. I am still discovering request I never saw from time to time, but that is because I am taking my time searching and going through many pages back. I think the rule should at least apply to request that are less than a year old.
Death
Everyone bumping their post after a few days would be chaos and the subforum would ultimately end up in the same state had no one bumped their posts at all. Anyone who doesn't want to spam their thread to the top every minute would end up having their threads pushed back. Someone's request will always end up a few pages back, it's inevitable.

As for the rule applying to requests that are less than a year old. There is no reason to set an arbitrary date for this. If someone has something significant to add to a request, that is perfectly valid and any old or new post can be bumped with that. The guidelines exist in their current state for a reason.
Akeruyri
this should exist in the your tablet driver settings.
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_10123601

Akeruyri wrote:

this should exist in the your tablet driver settings.

no
Topic Starter
DeletedUser_10123601
i made an example:

you would be able to put the virtual area on the right/left bottom corners and then use your pen over the area, and your cursor in the area scales up to and moves the games cursor.