forum

Taiko to mania converter

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hypello
Hello everyone,

For fun I made a taiko to mania converter that can generate a 4K osu!mania difficulty for a map that has a taiko difficulty. The diff that will be generated is called TaikoToMania and it's 4K.
I made this to be able to see patterns better and perhaps learn to play full alternate in taiko.

Currently the option "include sv changes" will remove any inherited timing section in the .osu taiko diff.
Sliders and spinners are not yet implemented, but I'm looking for ways to do this at the moment.

The user interface looks like the following at the moment:
https://imgur.com/a/jTs5RL3

If anyone wants to try it, here's the source code and the program itself:
DOWNLOAD LINK:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kym8ari5k0k32bu/TaikoToManiaConverter%20%283%29.zip?dl=0

The program should be in the .zip archive under TaikoToManiaConverter\bin\Debug

I'll keep it updated regularly and am open for feature requests, planning on making this a bigger program with alot more options that will be selectable :D

Any feature requests are very welcome :>

Update 13-8-2018:
- Difficulty name can be specified
- Finishers can be added as 2 notes or 1 note
- Option to start with left instead of right
- Bug with "disable sv changes" fixed
- added playstyle option (kddk, dkkd, kkdd, ddkk, kdkd, dkdk)

Update 22-4-2019:
- Added additional taiko to mania generation mode
semyon422
I think converting sliders as long notes is wrong because there are no sliders in taiko. Also some std maps replace sliders with single notes on each slider tick when converting to taiko. There is also another problem. If we have an std map and play it in taiko we will have one map but if we change it's game mode to taiko in map settings we will have another map. I would be happy if you create "click by click" converter because i don't understand how osu converts sliders. Thank you for your understanding.
Full Tablet
You can use the Taikomania skin and rotate your screen to play Taiko in a way similar to how you play mania.
Topic Starter
Hypello

semyon422 wrote:

I think converting sliders as long notes is wrong because there are no sliders in taiko. Also some std maps replace sliders with single notes on each slider tick when converting to taiko. There is also another problem. If we have an std map and play it in taiko we will have one map but if we change it's game mode to taiko in map settings we will have another map. I would be happy if you create "click by click" converter because i don't understand how osu converts sliders. Thank you for your understanding.

Hey, thanks for the feedback! I will add an option to play sliders as 1/4 notes (d's, k's, or alternating d/k or k/d) Perhaps adding them as a single note is an option too

Full Tablet wrote:

You can use the Taikomania skin and rotate your screen to play Taiko in a way similar to how you play mania.

I've seen this skin, it's pretty well made but it's not directly comparable to this program in my opinion. This program creates actual mania maps based on a taiko map, on a 4k layout (not 2k like the skin does in taiko, for taiko maps)
Catgirl
the best thing about this program is that you can dualscreen using it and just use the excuse that you're playing taikomania skin and since that's not bannable then you're in the clear lol

just to clarify, i don't do this, i can't play mania, but mania players are using this method and getting away with it.
Topic Starter
Hypello

Catgirl wrote:

the best thing about this program is that you can dualscreen using it and just use the excuse that you're playing taikomania skin and since that's not bannable then you're in the clear lol

just to clarify, i don't do this, i can't play mania, but mania players are using this method and getting away with it.

If people want to dualscreen and cheat they will do it anyways. Since the taiko community is pretty small, cheaters can be spotted pretty easily. Then can always be spectated for example, and if they would join a multiplayer lobby or a tournament, they wouldn't be able to cheat (or they would be spotted very quickly).

I made this tool so taiko and mania players could learn taiko patterns.
If people want to learn a certain pattern in a taiko map, they can convert a taiko map into a mania map, to see and experience what the pattern would be like and to feel how it would play. They can then use this muscle memory, or what they've learned from playing a converted mania version, to try the taiko map again and see if they can read it after playing a mania version.

Essentially the program is just a csv parser which was written in about 3 days, novice programmers could be able to make this as well.
Also, I think that it's very important to know that converters like these could also easily exist without this specific tool.

tldr: stores can sell tide pods even after people decide to start eating them,
in the end cheaters can't do it in tourneys/multi/while streaming/in any multiplayer environment anyways
Red Riding Hood

Hypello wrote:

Catgirl wrote:

If people want to dualscreen and cheat they will do it anyways. Since the taiko community is pretty small, cheaters can be spotted pretty easily. Then can always be spectated for example, and if they would join a multiplayer lobby or a tournament, they wouldn't be able to cheat (or they would be spotted very quickly).

I made this tool so taiko and mania players could learn taiko patterns.
If people want to learn a certain pattern in a taiko map, they can convert a taiko map into a mania map, to see and experience what the pattern would be like and to feel how it would play. They can then use this muscle memory, or what they've learned from playing a converted mania version, to try the taiko map again and see if they can read it after playing a mania version.

Essentially the program is just a csv parser which was written in about 3 days, novice programmers could be able to make this as well.
Also, I think that it's very important to know that converters like these could also easily exist without this specific tool.

tldr: stores can sell tide pods even after people decide to start eating them,
in the end cheaters can't do it in tourneys/multi/while streaming/in any multiplayer environment anyways

Actually, someone could easily use this to cheat in a tournament by just converting the maps in the pool beforehand, and then dualscreen during the tournament. And even if staff asked to see a livestream of them recording their hands and screen, they would never be able to tell if there was a dualscreen involved or not because the player doesn’t have to show their second screen.
Hazalax
I remade the gui, with a logo do you want it ?
show more