forum

[osu!Taiko] Suiji Cup | 3v3 [Winners: Jakpat]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Backfire

随机 - Suíjī

Meaning 'Stochastic', players will sign up individually then be assigned their teams through a randomization process.

Wiki | Main Spreadsheet | Map Pools | Schedule, Teams and Statistics | Discord | Stream | Challonge

1. This is a 3v3 double-elimination tournament consisting of 32 teams.
  2. This is an osu!Taiko tournament.
  3. This is an international tournament.
  4. There will be no rank limit and the top 192 players based on rank will be accepted.
  5. Final cutoff at August 25 12:00 UTC
  6. The tournament will be played in scorev2.
  7. There will be no group stage in this tournament.
  8. Players will sign up individually and will be assigned a team.
  9. There will be 6 players per team, each consisting of 2 A seed players, 2 B seed players, and 2 C seed players
  10. Players will be seeded by rank.
  11. Teams will be given 5 days to choose a team name and a captain. Failure to submit a team name will result in an assigned team name chosen by the staff. Failure to submit a captain will result in the highest rank player being made captain by default.
  12. If a player in your team is inactive or unresponsive before the tournament start date, players who were closest to making the cut will be used for back-ups after you contact a Staff Member.
  13. The Map Pool will contain 16 maps. The format is as follows -
    Map Pool A will contain the following: 4 No Mod, 2 Hidden, 2 Hard Rock, 2 Free Mod.
    Map Pool B will contain the following: 2 Challenge Maps, 1 Double Time, 1 Easy Mod, 1 Hidden+Hard Rock, and the Tiebreaker. These maps are NOT BANNABLE.
  14. One player from each seed must play at the same time in the 3v3 setting. This means (ABC) vs. (ABC). NOT (AAB) vs. (ABB)
  15. C's may play in place of B's, and B's in place of A's only in situations where the players cannot be active (i.e. Emergencies, Vacation, etc)
  16. All match times are in UTC.
  17. No staff members are allowed to play other than streamers, commentators, and graphics designers.

1. Host: Backfire
  2. Graphics: Backfire and Reo
  3. Statistician/Spreadsheet:Kasumii-Sama
  4. Commentators: Raphalge, Beat43210, incandescence, Das, CaptainEChan, Babysnakes and DuckyDoom!
  5. Streamers: -GN Junior, [TaikoTori] and Garpo!
  6. Referees: Kasumii-sama, JDrago14, fajar13k,-dragon67 and all other organizational staff!
  7. Mappool Selectors: Backfire and Lno
  8. Wiki Creator: fajar13k

1. REGISTRATION: August 1st - August 25th
  2. TEAM DRAWINGS: August 26th
  3. ROUND OF 32: September 1st - 2nd | Best of 9
  4. ROUND OF 16: September 8th - 9th | Best of 9
  5. QUARTER FINALS: September 15th - 16th | Best of 11
  6. SEMI FINALS: September 22nd - 23rd | Best of 11
  7. FINALS: September 29th - September 30th | Best of 13
  8. GRAND FINALS: October 6th - October 7th | Best of 13
  9. FIRST PLACE PRIZE:

1. The match lobby will be created by the referee, and the team captains of both teams will be invited. The captain is then responsible for inviting the rest of their team. If the captain of a team is not online, the referee will invite any other player from that team, and that player will be responsible for inviting their team.
  2. Teams have a 15 minute grace period to have at least 3 players available to play the match. If 15 minutes pass and a team does not have enough players to play the match, the other team will receive a win by default.
  3. Once all players have joined the lobby, captains will be asked to !roll; the winner of the roll will have the first warmup, first ban, and first pick.
  4. Warmup maps will be allowed for the entirety of the tournament. Each team may select one warmup pick; warmups may not exceed 4:30 total length.
  5. The referee can give host to the players for warmups only. The referee will have host for the entire match after warmups. A team will select a map by naming the map in the multiplayer chat, and the referee will select it.
  6. Each team is allowed to ban 1 map from Map-Pool A. Map-Pool B maps may not be allowed to be banned at ANY time.
  7. Teams have 3 minutes to select a map; if they fail to choose in the allotted time, the map choice will pass to the other team. This will have no effect on the order of picks afterward.
  8. There is no restriction on map selection order; teams may select any available map at any time regardless of mod.
  9. On freemod picks, at least two players from each team must use Hidden, Hard Rock, or both.
  10. Hidden and Hard Rock are allowed, but not required, on Tiebreakers.
  11. Only one of each seed is allowed to play in the lobby at any given time, so you can only have 1 A seed, 1 B seed, and 1 C seed.
  12. Once the map choice is locked in, players will have 3 minutes to ready up. The referee will start the match when all players are ready. If the 3 minute timer ends, the referee will force an !mp start 15 command, and the match will start with whoever is in the lobby.
  13. The winner of a map is determined by which team ends with a higher score.
  14. In the case of a disconnection, a rematch will only be played if the disconnection occurred within the first 30 seconds of the map. This can be judged by the mp link. If a player disconnects after 30 seconds of the map have passed, their score will not be counted.

Credits to Xiao Xiao and Squeeble for the idea, and DigitalHypno and this1neguy for writing the forum post rules which I copied with co-operation from them.
Red Riding Hood
I feel the urge to sign up but NATT sucked for me and I feel like whoever I get teamed with is gonna be brought down by my lack of skill :(
tkdLolly
don't you need some rest from organising tournaments lol
Topic Starter
Backfire

tkdLolly wrote:

don't you need some rest from organising tournaments lol
Never >:3
fajar13k
Register me as Referee, and let me write a wiki page for it
Topic Starter
Backfire

fajar13k wrote:

Register me as Referee, and let me write a wiki page for it

Sounds good!
Topic Starter
Backfire
By the way, I just wanna mention, your rankings will be considered on the final day of registration, so the rankings i'm putting for the sheet currently which holds the player list can be considered just a placeholder. Rankings will be entirely up-to-date on the day we assign teams.
drumchanon
さんかします どらむちゃのん
Topic Starter
Backfire
To clarify, star rating for the maps kind of depends on how many people sign up, but we are aiming for a standard taiko star rating, so from 4~7 as the tournament progresses. I understand this is the most tricky part for a lot of the newer players, but the fun of the cup is to see the skill difference between the different tiers of players! Since Taiko has generally smaller cast of players, making pools that are suitable for everyone will be tricky, but rest assured that we will try to make it fair for all the teams.

If there is any worst case scenario, we will choke the team size to something different, but we are very hopeful and optimistic about the 192 number we have set!
[ LauThaiMing ]
Don't sign me up , i quit
Topic Starter
Backfire

lauthaiming wrote:

Don't sign me up , i quit
:( alright
_Raynard
:P
Element118
Sure, I'll sign up.
Topic Starter
Backfire

Element118 wrote:

Sure, I'll sign up.
<3
Topic Starter
Backfire

Well, at the moment, staff has decided that they will NOT grant this tournament a set of badges because it is "the first iteration". I've sent them a reply e-mail, trying to get something done, because I don't understand why this is happening to this tournament, and none of the numerous others which were first iterations, like Shift Cup, Battlegrounds, etc.

So I will understand if you want to drop out since there is now no promise for a badge. I don't know what kind of prizes I can provide in the meantime, because Staff doesn't even give supporter anymore. This will simply have to be funded out of my own pocket. I hope you guys still enjoy the tournament in spite of this, if nothing is done, because I will still put a lot of work and love into it no matter what!
Topic Starter
Backfire
Hi guys! If you'd like to get in the mood of the tournament, we now have a skin! It's a skin made with elements mainly from umnkenenezo and a menu screen (for supporters only) designed by Reo.

Umnkenenezo has graciously allowed us to use these elements for this tournament, so I really would like you guys to go check out her twitter and please follow her! https://twitter.com/Sssahuo

She designed the drum, highway, faces, hit-bursts, banner, and the animated character! They weren't designed FOR the tournament, but we felt they fit the spirit of the tournament, so if you'd like to download this skin you can do so here: http://puu.sh/BdWQF/ec1944798a.osk
Pelli
Sign me out can't make it :(
Topic Starter
Backfire
Staff has finally responded!

So the badge design is here as well, made by Reo

Topic Starter
Backfire
Also another thing, we have decided on a Pool Format and we want to make sure to share it with you, as such these have been added to the main post.

- The Map Pool will contain 16 maps. The format is as follows: Map Pool A will contain the following: 4 No Mod, 2 Hidden, 2 Hard Rock, 2 Free Mod.
Map Pool B will contain the following: 2 Challenge Maps, 1 Double Time, 1 Easy Mod, 1 Hidden+Hard Rock, and the Tiebreaker. These maps are NOT BANNABLE.

- Each team is allowed to ban 1 map from Map Pool A. Map Pool B maps may not be allowed to be banned at ANY time.
Topic Starter
Backfire
show more