forum

[Archived] I can do 4-stars, but am i supposed to be doing them?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
danked chelsea
My accuracy isn't that great, but i can always fix it when i can perfectly do 6-7 stars. After playing so many 4-stars i noticed a lot of those spaced apart short streams. At first i didn't get how to do them, until i realized i should just single tap them. If you have any tips for high 4-stars i would really appreciate it. I'm also using my laptop keyboard for alternating, and i don't know if that's good to use for constant triples.
modrei_DELETED
i think you should focus on perfecting maps around 2-3* at your current rank, to get basic grip of the patterns etc.

play what do you find fun tho
Toxi
If you can play 4* maps at your rank, great. But as modrei suggested, try more 2-3* maps first. Using a laptop keyboard can be difficult, I would suggest buying mechanical keyboard if you can. I dont know your budget, but if you are looking for sub-100 dollars, I would suggest HyperX Alloy FPS. Pro version if you are on a tighter budget or are looking to save desk space.

As a side-note, i believe you posted this in the wrong section of the forums. For future reference on posts like these, put them in the gameplay and rankings section
DeletedUser_8734694
Topic Starter
danked chelsea

Toxi wrote:

If you can play 4* maps at your rank, great. But as modrei suggested, try more 2-3* maps first. Using a laptop keyboard can be difficult, I would suggest buying mechanical keyboard if you can. I dont know your budget, but if you are looking for sub-100 dollars, I would suggest HyperX Alloy FPS. Pro version if you are on a tighter budget or are looking to save desk space.

As a side-note, i believe you posted this in the wrong section of the forums. For future reference on posts like these, put them in the gameplay and rankings section

Thank you, i had a feeling this wasn't the right section. I also do have a mechanical keyboard,but it isn't like the branded known kinds(DPower is the brand on my keyboard). The reason i don't use it, is based on how i don't have a desk. In addition, i've been doing pretty well on 2-3 stars map every time i play with a friend of mine, so if i have to keep playing them to improve, i'll do so.
Toxi

danked chelsea wrote:

Toxi wrote:

Thank you, i had a feeling this wasn't the right section. I also do have a mechanical keyboard,but it isn't like the branded known kinds(DPower is the brand on my keyboard). The reason i don't use it, is based on how i don't have a desk. In addition, i've been doing pretty well on 2-3 stars map every time i play with a friend of mine, so if i have to keep playing them to improve, i'll do so.

If you want to play 4* maps, then nobody is stopping you. It will place you way ahead of your rank though, which could in turn make you start farming until you burn out. I personally know what DBPower is, but have never used their keyboard before. Mechanical is the way to go, so even if it isnt a name-brand keyboard, it could still help you. But again, if you can complete 2-3* maps and even hold an FC (Full-Combo,) then by all means go ahead and play 4* maps.
show more