forum

[resolved] Wallpaper doesnt fit weird resolution?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Witheria
I'm currently playing on a 4k monitor. I set my osu resolution to almost a square (I'm a catch! player), but the beatmap wallpapers arent filling up the screen. Instead, I see a windows xp wallpaper (I dont know if this is skin specific) right next to the beatmap wallpaper on screen. I'm playing borderless with letterboxing on 1920x1440.
Anyone having the same issue? I was scrolling through the internet on search for a resolution, but it could be that i missed out on something.
Best regards, ControlTheBeast

Screenshot: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/11418191
Death
That looks like part of the "scorebar-bg.png" image inside your skin folder. People like to add that square in, but it usually only works properly for specific resolutions.

Try deleting that element, replacing it with another one, or using an entirely different skin.
Topic Starter
Witheria
Thank you very much! It really was that part of the skin. I switched the skin completely, because even after editing, the png was too small or too big and took parts of the screen (its layered in front of the fruits/circles). I guess I'll just take another skin ;)

Again, thanks for the fast and reasoned response!
Greetings from Germany,
ControlTheBeast
show more