forum

Is it possible to warm up before playing osu! ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kurumayu
Hi everyone,
Sorry if my post seems a little bit weird or out of place. I'll remove it if it is the case.
I am a 4k player, and I clear maps around 3,5 stars. Recently I've been experiencing pain during the first maps I play, and it gets better after a few minutes spent playing. But it is not very comfortable, and sometimes the day after, I experience the same kind of pain as if I had been doing sports without warming up before... I was therefore wondering if there was any way I could warm up before playing ?
I am sorry if this question was already posted, as you have maybe noticed due to my first failed attempt to post this I am not very familiar with the forum yet...
Thanks a lot to anyone who might answer !
Chez
Just gonna get this out of the way real quick: I don't "warm-up" but I suggest everyone does for safety reasons.

Make sure to do some light stretching all over your body before, during, and after playing because you're
1) sitting down, possibly for a long time
2) putting large amounts of stress on your finger joints
3) tension anywhere is bad (most of the time) and will affect everything else

so do some arm/hand/finger stretches or jumping jacks to loosen up
mijkolsmith

Chez wrote:

Just gonna get this out of the way real quick: I don't "warm-up" but I suggest everyone does for safety reasons.

Make sure to do some light stretching all over your body before, during, and after playing because you're
1) sitting down, possibly for a long time
2) putting large amounts of stress on your finger joints
3) tension anywhere is bad (most of the time) and will affect everything else

so do some arm/hand/finger stretches or jumping jacks to loosen up
jumpjacks also work
Topic Starter
Kurumayu
I've tried stretching before playing today, and it was way more comfortable ! Thank you ! I don't know if this is linked or not but I could play maps that are more difficult than what I usually play.
I had never thought of exercising after playing though. Thank you both for your advice !
mijkolsmith

Kurumayu wrote:

I've tried stretching before playing today, and it was way more comfortable ! Thank you ! I don't know if this is linked or not but I could play maps that are more difficult than what I usually play.
I had never thought of exercising after playing though. Thank you both for your advice !
what also works, is starting a little easier than what you normally play and building up difficulty from there. That way you can get into it, also train some other aspects of your skillsets like LN or jacking, and you generally get more motivated.
show more