forum

[Archived] Game crashing due to memory error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aleureon
Problem Details:
For the last few months, I've consistently had the game crash for no reason. It occurs when I finish playing a song, when I quit a song, or when I alt-tab back into the game from another program. The game becomes a black screen, and I get a memory error from Windows. I have tried compatibility mode, fallback versions and repairing the game, but the issue persists.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
http://puu.sh/AX8a4/51f1d56ee6.png

osu! version: 20180626.1
uv937
I think your RAM is dying. Try reseating or replacing it, or run a memory test.
Topic Starter
Aleureon

uv937 wrote:

I think your RAM is dying. Try reseating or replacing it, or run a memory test.
My computer's successfully passed a run Memtest86 (I forget how many passes), and I've reseated my RAM but this still occurs. osu! is the only application on my computer that crashes, so I think it's fair to point the blame at osu!.
NerdBow
Try to use borderless windows for osu. I have the same problem but for different games and full screen was the thing that crashed my pc.
Topic Starter
Aleureon

Mr_Nerdy_Gamer wrote:

Try to use borderless windows for osu. I have the same problem but for different games and full screen was the thing that crashed my pc.
I've tried that, still crashes.
Death
Install any pending Windows updates and update any outdated drivers. Reinstall your GPU drivers even if you are using the latest version. Close any other applications you have running in the background while playing (make sure the any unnecessary tasks have been ended, or just clean boot).