forum

[Archived] Score didn't attempt to submit while connected to bancho.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
k3v227
Problem Details:

score
screen after play (can see ranked map rating)
the very next play

I've been playing this map and I've had 3 separate occasions where a better score and pp play wasn't submitted. In fact osu didn't even attempt to submit them. While these events happened I was connected to bancho, , and was playing with local rankings selected. This 3rd time I successfully reconnected to bancho and osu wasn't prompted to submit the score again. This is the only map I've ever had this issue with.

I use this BPM changer tool to change the bpm of certain maps for practice. Sometimes when I search maps with 'stats=r' osu mistakenly says the unranked versions with altered BPM are in fact ranked (example). As I stated previously, I've never had this interfere with score submission before. But I think this could potentially be an issue here.

Now in contrast to everything stated, referencing the 2nd picture above, the next play did submit and the previous play wasn't resubmitted. So there could be something else at play here...

Possible solutions:
- I cleared my local rankings after the 2nd incident. Didn't fix this issue.
- I will now play with global rankings selected. Untested but unlikely a solution.
- I recently deleted the different BPM maps I had for it, deleted the actual ranked map itself, and then reDLed the map. However I haven't set another better score and pp play yet so I can't test this hypothesis yet.

---------------------------------------------

Update: This score has submitted.

Another Update: 560pp!!! https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/11385124. So i think it was the different BPM maps so I don't think there's an explicit bug per say, but the fact osu identifies the unranked maps as ranked vai 'status=r' is still strange.