forum

[Archived] White screen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tokazuka3
Problem Details:

I was browsing through the osu! settings, and I accidentaly clicked something about the game performance, and a white screen automatically showed up. I tried turning my computer off, deinstalling the game, changing the account, and nothing worked. It's just a white screen whenever I start a game, I can still hear the sounds, and I can click around, but I can't see anything. How do I fix this? :( :?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20180626.1
Death
Close osu!.

Inside your osu! folder, edit the file named "osu!.<pcname>.cfg" in any text editor. Set the lines "Shaders" and "BloomSoftening" equal to 0. Save and restart the game.
Topic Starter
Tokazuka3

Death wrote:

Close osu!.

Inside your osu! folder, edit the file named "osu!.<pcname>.cfg" in any text editor. Set the lines "Shaders" and "BloomSoftening" equal to 0. Save and restart the game.

The problem is that I don't have the osu! map. I just have the osu! Install icon, and I can only open the game by clicking the osu! install icon. There is nothing else on my pc that is linked to osu!. I don't even have an Osu! shortcut.
Death
The default installation path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!", check in that location and create a new shortcut or run the game using the exe inside that folder.

That should also be where the file I mentioned previously is located.
Topic Starter
Tokazuka3

Death wrote:

The default installation path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!", check in that location and create a new shortcut or run the game using the exe inside that folder.

That should also be where the file I mentioned previously is located.

I already checked there, and the folder is unexistant. There is only an Osu! install icon. Nothing else.
Death
After you run the installer the game is installed to some location on your computer. Nothing would start if that was not the case. When you run the installer it allows you to specify another location, are you doing that? If so, your game files will be located in the path you specified.