forum

[resolved] I can't open osu.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Gustavo2701
Problem Details: i tried to change my osu version to beta (because genius, bored :c) and i tried to open it but it crash so i tried to reinstall osu but nothing, the same error. i see same post whit the same problem before but, i was playing osu before and this error born because i change my version :/ if this can help, my GPU is a: Intel Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family

Edit: i read some antique post and i tried all the solutions but nothing :,u

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://imgur.com/15w2CZ6
https://imgur.com/ewyJ9G7

osu! version: 20160403.6
Dntm8kmeeatu
Your GPU does not support the required OpenGL version to run the latest osu! builds. There are two ways to get back to an older version of osu! so that you can play the game:

1. Open your osu! folder (the default path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!")
  2. Edit the file named "osu!.cfg" in notepad (you may need to enable file extensions to make it easier to find)
  3. Set the "_ReleaseStream" line equal to "Stable" (e.g. _ReleaseStream = Stable)
  4. Save the file and reopen osu!

If that doesn't work, download this installer (direct download link) and run it. If you already have a previous osu! installation with maps, skins, etc, make sure you change the installation path to the correct location on your computer. Otherwise it might install to a different location and you will need to move all of your maps and other data over manually.
Topic Starter
Gustavo2701

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Your GPU does not support the required OpenGL version to run the latest osu! builds. There are two ways to get back to an older version of osu! so that you can play the game:

1. Open your osu! folder (the default path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!")
  2. Edit the file named "osu!.cfg" in notepad (you may need to enable file extensions to make it easier to find)
  3. Set the "_ReleaseStream" line equal to "Stable" (e.g. _ReleaseStream = Stable)
  4. Save the file and reopen osu!

If that doesn't work, download this installer (direct download link) and run it. If you already have a previous osu! installation with maps, skins, etc, make sure you change the installation path to the correct location on your computer. Otherwise it might install to a different location and you will need to move all of your maps and other data over manually.

Thank you so much!! ^^ solved! osu back to normally :).