forum

[Archived] Osu! micro stuttering after PC wake up from sleep?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Meta-xx
Hi all,

So, as the title suggests, if I put my computer to sleep instead of doing a full shutdown (Something I do regularly for convenience), upon waking up my system and opening Osu! I immediately notice micro stutters/lag spikes at fairly regular intervals. I also notice that my frame rate drops from it's usual 1200 or so fps to anywhere between 900 - 1000. I assume these two problems are related. Upon completing a full shutdown and booting up my PC again everything goes back to normal, no micro stutters, no fps loss, nothing. I can only assume that there's something that sleep mode does that interferes with Osu! in some way, but I should mention that I always close Osu!, I don't just leave it running when I put my PC to sleep.

I have already tried reinstalling drivers, reinstalling Osu!, manually cleaning up my registry, etc., all to no avail.

Also I have checked if I experience the same problems with other games, and as far as I can tell this is limited only to Osu!.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Can anyone reproduce it to the same consistency that I can? If so this is more likely to be an issue with Osu! itself. If not, then it still helps me because clearly the problem lies with my system.

Any advice would be appreciated, cheers!

osu! version: 20180626.1