forum

[Archived] Missing pp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nxaq
Hey Guys im not sure about this i need to get enlightened pls .__.
I have over 2,7k PP but when i calculate every pp play ive made its over 3K and i just did a 199PP play and got like 70 or lower... can someone tell me why?
thanks in ft :)
PTrollYO
It's because how pp is calculated. I'll try my best to explain how it works.

If you go to your profile page (in the old website) and go down to "Top Ranks", you'll be able to see all your best plays by pp value.
On the left side of each play, in blue/purple, you'll have the "pp worth" of each play. Bellow that, you'll have "weighted X%".

Here's how weightage system works:
Only your best play will be worth 100%. The second best play will be worth less (95%) and so on.

That said, currently (cheking your profile) if you do a play that is worth less than 98pp, you will only be awarded 1pp, because those plays are worth 1% of the total pp of the play.

I hope that wasn't very confusing. If you have any question feel free to ask.
Topic Starter
nxaq
Ive kinda understood it but not clearly... Tillerino says 98%acc = ...PP or 95%=...PP and the most of my plays are over 98% and i dont get the pp at all .__.
so how is it done
Death
https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Performance_Points#why-didn't-i-gain-the-full-amount-of-pp-from-a-map-i-played?

TL;DR:
Each score you set has a weighted and unweighted value. The unweighted value is what is used to order your scores (this is what Tillerino displays). The weighted value is what actually gets added to your total pp. The further down in the order a score is, the lower the weight and consequently pp.

Eventually, after the weight is a small enough percentage, the weighted pp value is not enough to make any visible impact on the amount of pp you gain.
Topic Starter
nxaq
Ok But wat about that:
Ive fc'ed recently maps and got -37 in rankin or even more for no reason ._. even if the acc is over 98 and with mods like HR HD or smth like that... i dont get this game i mean i had an s on a map with 98% and done it again with HD 99% and got -37 but why?
Death
People pass you over time. Submitting a new score caused your rank to update.