forum

Show located osu installs before uninstalling.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
CypherConjured
If there are multiple installations of osu, the uninstaller should tell you which ones are being removed before it nukes the one that you don't want it to remove.

Context:
So I had to reset my windows installation because I was getting a recurring blue screen, and I opted for the "reset and keep files" option. When it finished, of course one of the first things I installed was osu. Much to my delight, I found the old folder intact on my D:\ drive. However, I went to uninstall the new one because I figured windows didn't really know that the old install existed. (because it was there after the reset) It took me a while to figure out it was taking too long to remove the ten files that it should have been removing. So about half of my songs have been deleted at random. I know it warns you about *what* it deletes, but it doesn't say *how much* or *from where* the stuff is being deleted.

Now to be fair, this is entirely my fault and I should just be glad that *anything* is still there, but it would be nice to have had a warning so I could have just stuck with the initial delight.
show more