forum

[Archived] cant even start the game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
animelover1258
Problem Details:
As the game is starting up it crashes saying it is missing video drivers or to restart the computer. It says something about unable to obtain graphics content.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150901
Death
Have you tried restarting your computer as the error message suggests?

What GPU do you have?
Topic Starter
animelover1258
i have a amd Ramdeon 4650. Im playing on a laptop.
Topic Starter
animelover1258
i have restarted it several times it still persists
Death
Clean reinstall your graphics drivers. Use a program like Display Driver Uninstaller to completely uninstall whatever you have currently, and then download the latest drivers for your GPU from AMD's website: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download
Topic Starter
animelover1258
didnt work. this is the error report:#=zWkDrulfk_IWgYBnRM$sA8uehmwUp: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_ALLOC.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=z0ziB7SDrv_pFBHyhQN9m0EpL4lCs.#=zKj7T6U8=(Int32 #=zZb8NDag=, Int32 #=zTv4bsLg=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zYErviQQ=)
at #=zVmYOXSMOwJMVKeQQXYMuHhI=.#=zjZBZCeUr0qO_(GraphicsContextFlags #=zYErviQQ=)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at #=zVmYOXSMOwJMVKeQQXYMuHhI=.#=zjZBZCeUr0qO_(GraphicsContextFlags #=zYErviQQ=)
at #=zVmYOXSMOwJMVKeQQXYMuHhI=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zAs_ybj4=)
at #=zozFUrtS9rSRu$XCTUgTuMKGmbylb.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zAs_ybj4=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=zdu1Cgb89XHfgZAgcEmHbWdg=.WndProc(Message& #=zzbhykz4=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
Death
Download this program, save your GL report and post it here. What drivers did you download? Display driver version/revision that's listed on AMD's website.
Topic Starter
animelover1258
it looks like i have version 1.1 of gl driver version 6.3.9600.16.384(.dll) with DirectX 9. radeon-software-adrenalin-18.6.1-minimalsetup-180613_web is the program that i used for my amd drivers.
Death
Your GPU supports should support OpenGL 3.3, the fact that it is display 1.1 means something is wrong with your drivers.

The program you mentioned, Radeon Software Adrenaline, doesn't even look like it supports your GPU: https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.6.1-Release-Notes.aspx
Topic Starter
animelover1258
where can i go to upgrade my OpenGL because i think that is my main issue
Death
OpenGL is part of your graphics drivers.