forum

[Archived] Losing pp for top plays?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sudowoo
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I just outperformed myself on my top osu! play, and got a new top play on that map and overall, and it's worth 5pp less than my last play, so I lost 5pp. Is this normal?
Death
It is possible to lose pp for a play if you use the same mod combination as the score you beat.
Topic Starter
Sudowoo

Death wrote:

It is possible to lose pp for a play if you use the same mod combination as the score you beat.

oh ok. how does this work?
Death
Accuracy and misses are an important factor in the amount of pp you will gain for a play.

It is possible to beat a score with worse accuracy and lose pp that way. It is also possible to beat your score slightly, but with more misses, and lose pp that way.
Topic Starter
Sudowoo

Death wrote:

Accuracy and misses are an important factor in the amount of pp you will gain for a play.

It is possible to beat a score with worse accuracy and lose pp that way. It is also possible to beat your score slightly, but with more misses, and lose pp that way.

thanks for the info! i think it was my accuracy. my old play was 368x combo with like 99.22% acc but my new play was an fc at 372x combo but it had 98.44% acc. both with HD
show more