forum

[Archived] Osu graphics driver error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fatasianweeb
On my other pc, i get this error message saying: osu! was unable to get a graphics context. if this is the first time you've seen this, please try restarting your pc. if this is a fresh install, you may be missing graphics drivers. This pc uses Intel core 2 duo e7200 and Intel 82945g express chipset family driver.
Death
That GPU does not support the required OpenGL version to run the latest osu! builds. There are two ways to get back to an older version of osu! so that you can play the game:

1. Open your osu! folder (the default path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!")
  2. Edit the file named "osu!.cfg" in notepad (you may need to enable file extensions to make it easier to find)
  3. Set the "_ReleaseStream" line equal to "Stable" (e.g. _ReleaseStream = Stable)
  4. Save the file and reopen osu!

If that doesn't work, download this installer (direct download link) and run it. If you already have a previous osu! installation with maps, skins, etc, make sure you change the installation path to the correct location on your computer. Otherwise it might install to a different location and you will need to move all of your maps and other data over manually.
IgnasBar
For me that happened too. And I got a Intel Core 2 Duo too. Now i know how to play osu on a potato potata machine. THANKS Death my grandma pc is ded
Nhan053qt
Thank you so much <3 from my very very old pc :>
TUZKIY
Perfecto! ahora, como puedo descargar canciones compatibles para poder jugar con ellas, y también cómo puedo importarlas a osu??
Death

TUZKIY wrote:

Perfecto! ahora, como puedo descargar canciones compatibles para poder jugar con ellas, y también cómo puedo importarlas a osu??

https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets
Nullying
none of those worked for me :c it still gives me same error...
Death

Nullying wrote:

none of those worked for me :c it still gives me same error...
If your GPU supports OpenGL 2.0+ you should reinstall your graphics drivers. Otherwise, what I wrote in this post is the only known solution. If that doesn't work, updating your hardware to something made within the past decade is probably your best bet.
basili064
thank you so much.
I met osu! a few weeks ago and now I'm loving this game, one of the ones what run in my PC found in a garbage.
show more