forum

[Archived] Can't connect to bancho even though bancho is not down

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mio Winter
My friend had this problem, and the solution was to "sign out" (even if she wasn't actually connected) by clicking the username in the top-left corner, and then signing in again. I'm posting the rest of this report just in case other people have the same problem, or the devs find it usefwl idk.

The problem
My friend can't connect to bancho when she opens osu!.exe. It just shows "Connection Failed. Retrying in 30s..." forever. She can, however, access the website and even download a new osu!.exe without problem. And I can run osu! just fine while she's having this problem, so it can't be a general problem with bancho.

osu! was working fine for her just yesterday. What has changed since then is that she has rebooted her router for an unrelated reason, before trying to run osu!.

She was running osu! Stable, version number 20180611.4.

Here's what the tracert command prompt reports:
tracert irc.ppy.sh
C:\Users\lieni>tracert irc.ppy.sh

Tracing route to irc.ppy.sh [192.241.219.151]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms 2 ms 2 ms router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
2 5 ms 3 ms 3 ms 192.168.10.1
3 16 ms 10 ms 10 ms 1.92-221-192.customer.lyse.net [92.221.192.1]
4 22 ms 21 ms 20 ms 217.213-167-114.customer.lyse.net [213.167.114.217]
5 19 ms 21 ms 20 ms 62.140.27.5
6 191 ms 187 ms 189 ms ae-1-6.bar2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net [4.69.140.153]
7 185 ms 181 ms 190 ms DIGITAL-OCE.bar2.SanFrancisco1.Level3.net [4.14.106.122]
8 177 ms 178 ms 179 ms 138.197.248.217
9 182 ms 181 ms 189 ms 192.241.219.151

Trace complete.

Things we tried that didn't work
• Restarting the computer.
• Rebooting the router.
• Reinstalling osu!.*
• Adding osu!.exe to Windows Firewall exceptions. (She doesn't have any other antivirus programs that could be blocking it.)
• Disabling the Windows Firewall completely.

*When she tries to reinstall osu, the installer tells her that she needs to check her internet connection. Her internet connection was fine, so it must a problem with how her computer tries to reach the osu! server. Btw, she has the same problem with Lazer, it can't seem to connect to bancho either.
Kekneko
I am also having the same problem, but even after signing out and signing in again, I still can't connect. I tried everything you tried also. I don't think I've been banned, am I?
yuyoiuyoiu
b20180611.3 beta
I have the same problem. I can't get connect to bancho, also can't get connect to updater.
Topic Starter
Mio Winter
I think this might work. I've uploaded my osu!.exe, version Stable b20180626.1. Try dropping it into your osu folder and replace your old version.
modrei_DELETED
flush dns, release/renew ipconfig, restart your modem (again)
Maboroshi
I have THE SAME problem !!!

Can't get access to Bancho for about 3 weeks already. Sometimes I got access (as just now) for a couple of minutes and got KICKED...

I don't know what's going on, please help me someone :'(

(losing my supporter tag)
Topic Starter
Mio Winter

Turok2511 wrote:

Can't get access to Bancho for about 3 weeks already. Sometimes I got access (as just now) for a couple of minutes and got KICKED...

Did you try all the things suggested in this post, including the things mentioned by modrei above?
Maboroshi

Mio Winter wrote:

Turok2511 wrote:

Did you try all the things suggested in this post, including the things mentioned by modrei above?
I just tried everything that wrote author, you (with your osu!.exe) and what wrote modrei - nothing has changed.

Still can't get access to Bacnho for some reason...

Also I sent my network.log and trace route for 3 osu! servers as it was discribed here https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Help_Centr ... when-asked

And sent files with discription to support@ppy.sh and accounts@ppy.sh

If someone know what else I can do to fix my problem please tell me ;w;
show more