forum

[Archived] random stuttering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Accelerating
hello osu community. my osu keeps stuterring for no reason and i dont know whats causing this. before i completly reset my pc this was never a problem despite was skin i used or what beatmap i played

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21CXMxwfD2A&feature=youtu.be

btw i know im not good at osu im just using this as an example
Dntm8kmeeatu

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Make sure you have no background programs running that are taking resources or randomly accessing memory or disk.

Antiviruses are known to cause issues with their random scans and general behaviour, so at your own risk, attempt to disable or close any antivirus you have running and see if that improves performance. (Obviously turn it back on after)
Topic Starter
Accelerating
thank you for taking the time to help and respond to me. unfortunately neither of these methods worked and im still having this problem. i dont know if this info helps but it doesnt have a set timer in between stutters it does it randomly even on login screen. this is the same when i have no other programs running at all and antivirus disabled to test this out.
Escha Malier
I was having this same problem recently. I had an update for windows that was stalled and needed me to manually force it to install. Make sure you don't have any updates that are waiting to be installed.
Topic Starter
Accelerating

Blue_Pantsu wrote:

I was having this same problem recently. I had an update for windows that was stalled and needed me to manually force it to install. Make sure you don't have any updates that are waiting to be installed.

it says im up to date ;-;
show more