forum

Speed demon mania badge

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
I think there should be a badge set awarded for completing fast songs on mania.

It would come in 4 tiers

Turbo: Clear a mania map >=200 BPM that is 4.6* or higher

Speed Demon: Clear a mania map >=260 BPM that is 6* or higher

Mr. Lightning: Clear a mania map >=300 BPM (6* or higher)

Warp Speed: Clear a mania map >=370 BPM (7* or higher)

These numbers aren't final. I don't pay specific attention to the average BPM across mania maps, these are just guidelines I guess.

I'd like to hear some opinions on these.
Full Tablet
Mr. Lighting would be obtained by playing the Easy difficulty of Speedcore 300, easier than the previous achievements. If DT is allowed, then that would be enough to get Warp Speed as well.

If mods aren't allowed, there are no ranked maps that exceed 370BPM average. Diary Depresiku is a loved map that exceeds it, but it isn't really a fast map.

Galaxy Collapse would be enough to get the other achievements, which is a relatively easy map for its star rating. Speedcore 300 [Insane]+DT is another alternative.

Overall, BPM is not a very good indicator of how fast a map is, by setting the BPM criteria high, it just tends to restrict the pool of maps to speedcore or similar musical genres. For the purposes of the achievement, I think setting the criteria to NPS (notes per second) would be better, but even then, the achievements would be obtained mostly by maps that are composed mostly of easy high-density patterns mostly.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Full Tablet wrote:

Mr. Lighting would be obtained by playing the Easy difficulty of Speedcore 300, easier than the previous achievements. If DT is allowed, then that would be enough to get Warp Speed as well.

If mods aren't allowed, there are no ranked maps that exceed 370BPM average. Diary Depresiku is a loved map that exceeds it, but it isn't really a fast map.

Galaxy Collapse would be enough to get the other achievements, which is a relatively easy map for its star rating. Speedcore 300 [Insane]+DT is another alternative.

Overall, BPM is not a very good indicator of how fast a map is, by setting the BPM criteria high, it just tends to restrict the pool of maps to speedcore or similar musical genres. For the purposes of the achievement, I think setting the criteria to NPS (notes per second) would be better, but even then, the achievements would be obtained mostly by maps that are composed mostly of easy high-density patterns mostly.

I think maybe SR requirements might be necessary for the last two.

And I’m pretty sure illness lilin is above 370 with DT. If we are counting loved tho, there’s definitely maps over 370

And yes, DT does affect these badges, you can get all of them with DT or no mod.

NPS sounds like a good idea, but there’s no in game way to tell NPS, so the achievements would just feel random. A better way to implement that would be to have requirements of NPS and BPM that scale upwards accordingly.
abraker
Depending on BPM is a bit inaccurate as much as star rating. As a mania player you should know this. Take speed dumps and compare them to jumptrills.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

abraker wrote:

Depending on BPM is a bit inaccurate as much as star rating. As a mania player you should know this. Take speed dumps and compare them to jumptrills.

It wasn’t really meant to be a medal to show skill with SR. If anything, it was meant to show high bpm proficiency.
abraker

[MTF] Wolfette wrote:

NPS sounds like a good idea, but there’s no in game way to tell NPS, so the achievements would just feel random. A better way to implement that would be to have requirements of NPS and BPM that scale upwards accordingly.
I'd wait until until a feature that records your top NPS to your profile is added, and this would be the solution
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

abraker wrote:

[MTF] Wolfette wrote:

I'd wait until until a feature that records your top NPS to your profile is added, and this would be the solution

If that’s even added in. Peppy hasn’t yet revealed it with lazer
abraker

[MTF] Wolfette wrote:

If that’s even added in. Peppy hasn’t yet revealed it with lazer
See if there is a request for such made already
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
I would be surprised if there wasn’t