forum

Custom volumes for individual song

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
WideKawa
Hey,

i know this has been asked for before but it seems like nothing ever happened. I am honestly a little surprised this hasnt been implemented yet, either in this way or in a volume normalization.

The issue mainly comes from using a custom skin with custom hitsounds i guess. With mappers changing up volumes fitting to their own hitsounds they can end up being waaaay off when switching from song to song. Most songs work reasonably fine but the outliers really hurt at times.

Pretend i end up almost not hearing the notes in a stream on song #1, i restart and crank up the fx to balance out the mix so i can hear what im clicking. Works fine, song plays well.
Next i play another song, mostly consisting of jumps and singles. This time the hitsounds are waaaay too loud and i end up restarting, having to turn the fx volume down again to not cause serious ear bleeding.

It isn't much of a problem when solo playing as you obviously can just restart, but in a multiplayer lobby you'll probably have to hope for the next break to change it up.

It would be a great quality of life implementation in my opinion - we're able to change a lot of different values per beatmap, shouldnt be too hard to put in individual mix values for each song?

Thanks for reading, have a nice weekend!
~Kawa
abraker
I think it should be a ranking criteria rule to make the song and hitsounds max volume standard