forum

[Archived] Mouse Cursor Appears During Map and Causes Failure

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DioTheJojoke
Problem Details:
While playing various maps, the white mouse cursor appears, misaligned to the Osu cursor, and when it does, any clicks commanded to the Osu cursor does not count thus causing to miss the point/slide. This happens multiple times during the map and it eventually causes the player to fail the map.

Video or screenshot showing the pro

osu! version: 20180510.4 (latest)
Death
Do you have any programs open that put overlays on the game? Discord, for example, has an in-game overlay. Try disabling that or completely closing Discord if you have it open.

If this isn't caused by discord, try closing other applications that you may have open in the background. Especially any that may do something similar to Discord (Steam is another common one if you happen to be running osu! through it).
Topic Starter
DioTheJojoke
I tried quitting Discord entirely, and the issue still remains the same.
Death
Your Windows cursor is appearing because something else is taking focus away from the osu! window. Not specific to Discord, it could be some other random application/popup.
Topic Starter
DioTheJojoke
I quit every application and made sure that Osu was the only running app on my computer, the mouse still appears. Never had this problem before even with multiple apps open until the recent update to the game. The problem goes away after playing the game for a while, but it still proved to be annoying when starting the game.
Death
Restart your computer? Better yet, maybe even try to clean boot instead.
shiyuri
<deleted>
Topic Starter
DioTheJojoke
I restarted my computer and the problem is still there, and I don't receive notifications from my Windows 10 computer at all while playing games.
Dntm8kmeeatu
If you're willing, take a screenshot of task manager and your process list when it happens. I'm not convinced you don't have a program that is interfering with osu!.
Voldemort4321
I have seen another similar post like this with the answer being to use Repair Osu, but I have tried this and the mouse still appears.
Topic Starter
DioTheJojoke
I don't think it's a program or another app that's causing the problem since this wasn't a problem for me before the recent update, and since this problem appeared shortly after i updated osu to it's latest version, I'm convinced that it's a bug within the actual game itself, so I'm kind of out of options at this point other than to wait for another update that fixes this.
Bookworm
My friend had the same problem. Disable the windows Game bar/Game link/Microsoft advertising the Xbox one. That is likely whats causing the issue. I hope this helps. (just to explain, the microsoft gameing bar tries to link up to any game you are playing and improve the user experience, but in almost every case it fails to work and ruins something.) (the settings for it are in settings under gaming. :)
Voldemort4321
If anyone still cares the answer is very simply to do alt+tab lol