forum

[Archived] Annoying ms spikes windows 10

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
big mak12345
Problem Details: Anytime i play osu! , my ms stays around 0.9 while playing, but after like 2 minutes of playing it starts spiking up to 3-5ms every couple seconds, makes my mouse stutter,it even freezes sometimes for up to a second. I'm using compatiblity mode, which makes it alot better, cause without it, on fullscreen i get spikes up to 7-8 ms. Also reduce dropped frames is on, which helps out too, but I used to play osu perfectly before. All my drivers are up to date, i turned off everything i have in the background, and it's still happening. I also have disabled every single battery saving mode, put everything on maximum performance, optimized my windows 10 quite a bit in general, which made a bit of a difference, but it's still too noticeable to play and enjoy.
I have DirectX 12, windows 10 (1709 build) GTX 960M. HELP!!

osu! version: 20180510.4 (latest)
Death
Disable fullscreen optimizations in the properties of your osu!.exe
PandaMiku
I have same problem, no different
Topic Starter
big mak12345
They're already disabled..
Xayler
I'm sure that it's something with the nvidia GPU's currently because I have been having the same problem and so far I notice it only happening with osu!, all other games work prefectly fine. I have GTX 850m and it has been more than 2 weeks now with this issue.

Sadly I can't help in this matter as I've gone through lots of things as well except clean boot which I can't do right now...

Edit: Nvm I rolled back to old windows update and my ms is stable right now at 4,3 while in editor and around 2 while playing. Dropped frames happen, but at least the older windows version resolved the huge issue which made my fps move between 100-190 and ms hopping around 5 to 12.
PandaMiku
Well sadly i can't go back to roll back to old windows update. Is there anything else.
Airoral
I think I have this too with Mania.. It keeps jumping up and down and it's so annoying. Please help.