forum

My Hardware Question

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Raijin91
Deva
You can run osu on a potato. I'm not sure if you actually want to buy a laptop just for osu but if you want to spend then I recommend you to get a good keyboard and mouse/tablet since that will affect your performance the most when it comes to hardware.
Wishes
I have a similar laptop with AMD processor (I think the same CPU) and shitty GPU and it runs just fine. Just make sure you turn off video and storyboards because that will slow down your framerate significantly. Upgrade the mouse if you can afford it definitely. You're probably on a budget but yeah that's the most important thing to upgrade for you.
Frikandel
Your laptop is not a problem.

Your mouse could be? It's wireless, perhaps that causes slightly more delay.
DeletedUser_6869432
buy a wired mouse, no exceptions,
Topic Starter
Raijin91
I have pretty much everything that could affect performance off, as well as a decent skin, so that's not a problem.

The mouse... yeah, that's gonna get replaced real soon. Definitely switching to a wired mouse. I was using a wired mouse from the early 2000's before this one, and that felt way more responsive. So that's the first thing I'm doing.

I still feel that the keyboard is slowing me down as well, but I think good aim is what I should prioritize for now. If I feel like I need to, I'll also get a USB laptop after getting a new mouse.

Thanks for the input everyone. Pretty much what I figured, but it's good to have some verification.
kai99
i play with macbook pro 2012 4gb ram and cth470 which is at least 5 years old, with laptop keys