forum

People who still play with BG

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kaeldori
Notify yourself here, I don't understand how people can play with a black screen, it's not really fun and it's boring.
I know there is other people like me, don't listen these person who say that you will play worse. it's totally wrong.
Himeno Towa
yesindeed. I used to play with bg, movies and sb, until my notebook cant manage high fps. but i found some sb and movies too fancy, so only bg remained.
Wishes
Any sort of background image will lower contrast between hitcircles and the background compared to 100% background dim, making you potentially reacting slightly slower. Same thing with the cursor, making it harder to track accurately. You can play with any settings you prefer, but don't talk as if it doesn't make any difference whatsoever. That's blatantly wrong.
Tamako Lumisade
I play with 92%.

so much fun.
loveleft
i play with the background on when i'm not tryharding for a good score, some maps have beautiful storyboards that really enhance the playing experience.
ABD007
I played with 70% dim !
Yes, black screen is too boring for me ><
vinnicci
It's not fun when i can't hit those circles with those distracting loli bg.
KupcaH

vinnicci wrote:

It's not fun when i can't hit those circles with those distracting loli bg.
This guy knows
Araragi Karen
I'm not alone! OwO
Liyuu
I can still play with the BG on, the problem is the input lag holy hell input lag
Endaris
I saw all of WAWAWA's backgrounds. And I hate you for it.
I also play with storyboard and occasionally video on.
Deva
You should use default skin too
lightshadez
most of the time i play with 90% dim to at least express some appreciation for the background - it does not really affect my reading, not that much at least. only when i'm grinding a map for FC (or even SS) would I use 100% dim.
i never turn on video during gameplay though - if there is a video, i'd watch it once using the Cinematic mod and then that's it.
ZeCryptic
I guess it depends on the way in which you play the game. If you play osu! to enjoy the music and the visuals, playing with 100% dim is terrible. However, playing without 100% dim becomes really distracting when trying to play at a higher level. Reading becomes unbearable at higher approach rates and some skins can blend in with the background. Most players would rather play optimally. Even though i play with 100% dim, I can totally understand why some people prefer playing with lower dim. For me it can be enjoyable to occasionally lower the dim, enable the storyboard and use a colorful skin, but never when I want to set scores.
raccoongamer
I usually turn background dim off during watching my replays while having it on during actual plays most of the time (it almost certainly makes it harder to play due to a lack of contrast between bg and objects). IMO way to go, as it sort of resolves both problems (:
NixXSkate
80-90% dim always, storyboards too if it's not too distracting or makes lag
Flyy
Most people consider the background for a map to be distracting 99% of the time so that's why they keep it dimmed. It's all personal preference.
Trobador
I like to look at storyboards because they're pretty, so I play with 85-90% dim. It honestly doesn't break focus at all.
Fxjlk
Osu is an art game, pp means nothing so make sure you dont do anything that could improve your rank or you will look try hard.

- Pick the coolest looking skin that is super hard to read
- Dim at 0%
- talk to a friend while playing mouse only
- play maps that are way too easy for you