forum

[Osu!Std] UKT: Summer 2018

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Striiker

Intro

Hello and welcome to UKT Summer!
We're changing things up a bit and making this a regional tournament depending on the number of signed up participants it will be either;
Scotland V England V Ireland V Wales
Or
The countries above will be split into regions depending on the number of signups.

Both options will be available in the sign up sheet located below

Links

Player Signup|Staff Signup|Discord|Doc Sheet

Info

So, countries. "How might that work?" you might be asking. Well, firstly as im hoping more than 8 people from each country will sign up, the teams for each country will go against each other until their is only one team left per country this will be done in a round robin format they final 4 teams will again go through a round robin format till there are two teams left, they will then again have another match and then the victor will be declared. In simpler terms it will look like this.

Qualifiers, Semi Finals, Finals
4 countries (min 4 teams) > 4 countries (4 teams) > 2 teams > 1 team
For a better look, here is a pastebin of how it will work after the qualifiers.

Countries will decide on teams themselves so be sure to let your friends know if you need some extra, as if a team doesn't have enough members it may be removed from the tournament.
Team size will be: minimum 4, maximum 8
and the lobby size will be 4v4.

Timings:

Signup: 22/05/18 - 20/07/18
Week 1 Qualifiers: 21/07/18 - 22/07/18
Week 2 Qualifiers: 28/07/18 - 29/07/18
Week 3 Qualifiers: 4/08/18 - 5/08/18 (if needed)
Week 1 Semi finals: 11/08/18 - 12/08/18
Week 2 Semi Finals: 18/08/18 - 19/08/18
Week 3 Semi Finals: 25/08/18 - 26/08/18 (if needed)
Finals: 1/09/18 - 2/09/18

If the (if needed) dates are not needed the timings for the other matches will fall on those dates although i don't see us needing to use them**
YunoWasTaken
owo
tidal_wolf
UwU
Psychologist
AwA
- mmbros -
QwQ
ABD007
All the best ! :)
Olii
Good Luck to all players, interesting idea imo
Mio Winter
PsychoStatic, just letting you know that if you want people from Ireland to be notified from the spreadsheet, you want to include the "IE" country code. I edited your entry to include this, but you can change it back if I'm misunderstanding something. : )
Topic Starter
Striiker

Mio Winter wrote:

PsychoStatic, just letting you know that if you want people from Ireland to be notified from the spreadsheet, you want to include the "IE" country code. I edited your entry to include this, but you can change it back if I'm misunderstanding something. : )
Oh thanks! Yea you got it right the tournament is for UK and IE
Olii
owo