What to do when you feel RSI creeping up on you

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Deva
If I could just stop playing I wouldn't be here asking questions
Semaphia
I guess it's my turn to give feedback in your thread now :D

I'm not going to patronize you & tell you to stop playing - It is the right answer, but it's clearly something you don't want to hear, so instead I'll try & offer some advice...

Firstly, before you play (especially if you're pushing yourself into RSI territory), consider following a routine like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XsLRQFV7rY

Stretching & massaging key hand muscles are the secret to keeping your hands fresh for longer periods of time. If I know I'm going to sit down & play guitar for a while, I'll be doing something along the lines of this video.

Secondly, even after that, don't just jump straight into osu! It's a very demanding game on the keyboard hand, so warm up with something else first, even if it's just typing to friends on Discord or whatever.

Other than that, just make sure you can get as naturally comfortable as possible before playing, and hey... Maybe try playing with the Relax mod once things get too bad? I tried it a bit yesterday - It's the only time I'll ever get 93% on Freedom Dive, I know that much >.<
Topic Starter
Deva
I'm very careful when it comes to stuff like this. I do stretch my muscles and start out really slow and usually type a bit before playing osu. But whenever I feel it's a good day for me I start getting serous and push myself (perhaps too far). Usually I avoid playing streams over 190bpm and yet yesterday I was playing 200+ for hours

I'm not sure how useful that video will be for osu but since I picked up guitar recently it will definitely be useful for me.

Thanks for helping~
dung eater
Stop or play slower stuff. Aim/reading is hard, too. Large area/low sens will make it more physical and sweaty.