forum

How to break through 5* wall

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fortasse
I've been playing osu for about a year consistently now and I've breezed through (relatively speaking) everything up to about 5.3* to 5.6*, and I simply cannot play anything harder despite all my efforts in trying. Are there any recommendations like maps or practices I should be doing to break through this wall? Thanks.
wheelchair
Go back to play 4* maps until u fc them, with decent acc also, that willl help u reading them. Specially tech maps like flower dance or so
Also, u can try focusing on one aspect, like improving jumps or streams, and not to be surprised by them when suddenly appears a cross screen jump or a burst stream.
Just curious, what do u use to play?
D_Loomz

kirintili wrote:

Go back to play 4* maps

Also boost your playtime
Topic Starter
Fortasse

kirintili wrote:

Go back to play 4* maps until u fc them, with decent acc also, that willl help u reading them. Specially tech maps like flower dance or so
Also, u can try focusing on one aspect, like improving jumps or streams, and not to be surprised by them when suddenly appears a cross screen jump or a burst stream.

I use a razer blackwidow with browns and a wacom intros tablet
Wishes
Seriously? Play more. Assuming you don't play offline a lot, your play time is too low to even be playing 5 star maps lol.
Deva
5* wall? Break the 3* wall first lmao
VinZentVanDough
You still need to FC 4.5* maps with at least 96% acc so that you'll get used to jumps,streams,high hp,etc.

Also your top play is Best friendS. Try FCing that first kappa
Topic Starter
Fortasse

DLoomz wrote:

kirintili wrote:

Go back to play 4* maps

Also boost your playtime

I'm playing about as much as I can without interfering with regular life haha

Wishes wrote:

LOL really? I thought I was tanking since I play for fun.
Kaeldori
Play old maps
Tamako Lumisade
Use a hammer
- e - v - b-

NightshineRec wrote:

DLoomz wrote:

kirintili wrote:

Go back to play 4* maps

Also boost your playtime

I'm playing about as much as I can without interfering with regular life haha

Wishes wrote:

LOL really? I thought I was tanking since I play for fun.

whether you play for fun or not has nothing to do with how well you play

generally i play for fun but am still able to set scores i consider good in the process
-Komorebi-
I've played for about 2.5 years and I still dont consider myself to breeze through any 5* map lol. If there was a magic formula I wish I would've found it already.

EDIT: Ok read your post again and you actually asked for specific maps/recommendations so... But IMO you prolly shouldn't be doing 5* maps yet, the jump in difficulty from 4-5* is pretty large and even though I can fc most 4* maps i'm still struggling pretty badly with 5* ones.
Topic Starter
Fortasse

-Komorebi- wrote:

I've played for about 2.5 years and I still dont consider myself to breeze through any 5* map lol. If there was a magic formula I wish I would've found it already.

EDIT: Ok read your post again and you actually asked for specific maps/recommendations so... But IMO you prolly shouldn't be doing 5* maps yet, the jump in difficulty from 4-5* is pretty large and even though I can fc most 4* maps i'm still struggling pretty badly with 5* ones.

Well it's specifically the mid 5* and the like. That's the place I've been stuck for the good part of a year now and it's starting to become frustrating.
kai99
you should be playing somewhere between 4.4 - 4.8
Akanagi
5* suck
DXPOHIHIHI

NightshineRec wrote:

kirintili wrote:

lmao even though you have a really decent gear for osu but still you suck xdd
ABD007
You can break anything with NF . If you already used to it , and already saw the hp drain isn't a problem , disable NF :)
-Makishima S-
I started playing 5* maps after 3k pp. Till this you can easily hit this with 4-4.9*
Play more
Fix acc
Don't go so fast to 5*, they sucks ass when you cannot read properly
Justified
Your play count is only 2k, so just play more lol
Topic Starter
Fortasse

szkiller wrote:

NightshineRec wrote:

kirintili wrote:

lmao even though you have a really decent gear for osu but still you suck xdd

Haha this is my gaming desktop/workstation so I owned these long before I started playing lol

Kyousukee wrote:

You can break anything with NF . If you already used to it , and already saw the hp drain isn't a problem , disable NF :)

Well, I feel like having NF gives me a placebo where I feel safer so I play better. MY current top play is with NF on and I am capable of S-ing the map but can't without it.

ChaosZeroDelta wrote:

You still need to FC 4.5* maps with at least 96% acc so that you'll get used to jumps,streams,high hp,etc.

Also your top play is Best friendS. Try FCing that first kappa

:')
show more