forum

[Archived] cant launch osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
spectre 12
after installing the game i am greeted with an error message that says that osu wasnt able to obtain a graphix context or smth. i only started to get this error recently. does any1 know a fix? i am on windows XP, and i have a 2GHZ precessor plz fix.
Death
What GPU do you have?
Topic Starter
spectre 12

Death wrote:

What GPU do you have?

does an intel graphics driver cheapset family count as a GPU
modrei_DELETED
yes, and sadly it most likely doesnt support openGL version required by current osu! client
Topic Starter
spectre 12

modrei wrote:

yes, and sadly it most likely doesnt support openGL version required by current osu! client

Does that mean I need a different gpu , and I can't play the game. Or is there another way
Dntm8kmeeatu
If you want to play later versions of the game, yes. But for now you can use the Fallback build. But do know, this build won't be supported forever. I've sent you a private message with more information.

Also, Windows XP isn't even officially supported.
Topic Starter
spectre 12

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

If you want to play later versions of the game, yes. But for now you can use the Fallback build. But do know, this build won't be supported forever. I've sent you a private message with more information.

the thing u told me to do worked but i cant get to the new version czu it says error please check yor internet connection manually installing files didnt resolve the issue
Dntm8kmeeatu

spectre 12 wrote:

the thing u told me to do worked but i cant get to the new version czu it says error please check yor internet connection manually installing files didnt resolve the issue

It's probably because of this:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

For the off chance it's something fixable, provide your update.log
TuanLBT
Dntm8kmeeatu Can you send me the link of the fallback version? I have the same promblem too -_-
Dntm8kmeeatu

TuanLBT wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu Can you send me the link of the fallback version? I have the same promblem too -_-

Please provide your Graphics card and your runetime.log found in the osu! log folder.
Topic Starter
spectre 12

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

TuanLBT wrote:

Please provide your Graphics card and your runetime.log found in the osu! log folder.

my graphics driver is the intel cheapset family one its bad and i dont have a GPU
as for an update log i cant seem to find it