forum

[Archived] Mouse acceleration issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JellyFishGame
Hello and thank you for having a look at my issue.

So whenever I play osu with my mouse for around 20 seconds or more I notice that my hand and mouse isn't in the same position as I started.
(I don't lift my mouse up at any point and I also don't hit any edges of the play area)

Hardware:
The mouse I'm using is a "Zowie FK1"
The mouse-pad I'm using is a "Corsair Gaming MM300 Extended Anti-Fray Cloth Gaming Mouse Mat"

Settings:
Pointer speed - 6/11
Enhanced pointer precision - "off"
DPI - 400
1000hz polling rate
1ms response time

Osu settings:
In-game sensitivity - 2x
Raw input - "on"
Resolution - 1920x1080(Native)
Fullscreen - "on"
Letterboxing - "on"

A little more information. When I spin with the mouse my hand and mouse will end up more to the left, but when I attempt jumps my hand and mouse will go down.
I think that somehow my mouse is accelerating when it clearly shouldn't be.

I'm not sure if this affects anything but I also have a Razer Naga that I have plugged in. I have tested whether unplugging the razer mouse will fix it and no dice.

If anyone knows how to fix this or help me out with some advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.

Death
This is probably due to mouse drift and not mouse acceleration.
Topic Starter
JellyFishGame

Death wrote:

This is probably due to mouse drift and not mouse acceleration.

You are saying that my mouse isn't meant to be moving fast on the mousepad I have? I suppose that makes sense.

I don't have a hard surface mousepad so I can't test it but I'll try to buy a hard surface mousepad.

Thank you for responding anyway :D
loveleft
mouse drift doesn't have anything to do with the surface you're playing on since it's a result of the mouse itself rotating during play (which causes the cursor position to change). there isn't really a way around it, you just have to get used to adjusting your mouse during breaks.
Topic Starter
JellyFishGame

loveleft wrote:

mouse drift doesn't have anything to do with the surface you're playing on since it's a result of the mouse itself rotating during play (which causes the cursor position to change). there isn't really a way around it, you just have to get used to adjusting your mouse during breaks.

Oh... Thank you for telling me this XD