forum

Number of Breaks Per Beatmap

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
raeurae
Hey there!!!

I'm a player that doesn't have the best endurance, so when I see 'longer' fast songs (around 4 mins+), I always wonder if there are breaks that I can rest my hand at because i'm a wimp. I thought it might be a bit helpful to integrate a "breaks" section in the top left corner of the menu screen (perhaps shortened to "BKs"), where AR, CS, and such are. Maybe this has the ability for those who often play marathon maps to be a little more prepared as well.

Also, I apologize if this has been suggested before, I couldn't find a post similar to this, but perhaps I didn't look hard enough.

idk if you guys want an example, but I made one anyways;

(I don't know if that map actually has two breaks, but whatevs.)
Sandy Hoey
This is a duplicate, but I can’t find the other one at the moment
[MTF] Wolfette

Sandy Hoey wrote:

This is a duplicate, but I can’t find the other one at the moment
If you can't find it, it's probably not worth deleting this thread over a 4 year old post of the same thing.
ReesanVaine
Hm... Usually scales like OD, HP, AR and so on indicate difficulty... so having a BK of 2, as per mentioned here would mean you got A LOT of time to rest...
Imo it's cute idea. But if you feel you need a rest and break, you can quickly hit Esc to create a break, rest and return.
Topic Starter
raeurae

ReesanVaine wrote:

Hm... Usually scales like OD, HP, AR and so on indicate difficulty... so having a BK of 2, as per mentioned here would mean you got A LOT of time to rest...
Imo it's cute idea. But if you feel you need a rest and break, you can quickly hit Esc to create a break, rest and return.
Thank you! I appreciate your feedback. And, ah, I was thinking that the BK number would be the number of breaks, not really correlating to difficulty like that. And by "break" I mean specific parts of songs where the background will un-dims and you'll get your pass/fail and whatever. I just realized that may be unclear ah :o So it's not more of implementing more of them, its just signalling what is already there, if that makes sense?