forum

[Archived] Osu! Cursor 'Stuttering' 30FPS Bug?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dojinshi
Okay. So I'm currently having an issue in game where my cursor from my Wacom Intuos tablet is only running at 30Hz, but my game is running at 240Hz. When I use my mouse, it matches the 240Hz and I don't miss notes that I usually don't. It has me quite annoyed with it because it only happened prior to a recent update.

If someone can enlighten me on whether this has been an issue in the past, or if this issue has occurred with anyone else and provide a possible fix, it'd be greatly appreciated.

I've tried disabling Vsync, and the 'stuttering' 30FPS still plagues my tablet.

Has this happened with anyone else?
Full Tablet
Where did you measure the tablet's refresh rate?

Have you tried toggling Raw Input on/off?

Have you tried using other driver? https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver
Topic Starter
Dojinshi
I've toggled the RI and it doesn't work with RI on.
The refresh rate is 250Hz, IIRC. For reference, it's a Wacom Intuos CTL-490.

Update: Tried the other driver and it doesn't work for me. Defaults to whole tablet.
- Zuramaru -
For future reference, a question like this would be better for the help forum and not the development forum.
kobar67
I'm having the exact same problem. I have a Huion H420 and the stuttering is worse for me. The cursor and gameplay are 30 fps even though the in-game fps counter shows 120 fps when I use my tablet , however when I use mouse only the problem is gone. This has never happened before and I can't seem to fix it
sourisgogo
I also have this problem, if anyone knows, please let us know
Dntm8kmeeatu

sourisgogo wrote:

Please make a new post with more information.
sourisgogo

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

sourisgogo wrote:

It's ok now, actually the wacom official drivers were not optimized for osu, i installed the drivers that everyone uses, and i instantly got a normal aim cursor, idk why but the wacom official drivers make my cursor stuck at 30 fps

I also remember that my cursor was 60 fps when touching the tablet, but as soon as i lift up my pen, it becomes 30 fps
Hopefully, it is fixed now thanks to the github hawku drivers + they are 100 times easier to set up and with more options !
vetya

sourisgogo wrote:

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

sourisgogo wrote:

It's ok now, actually the wacom official drivers were not optimized for osu, i installed the drivers that everyone uses, and i instantly got a normal aim cursor, idk why but the wacom official drivers make my cursor stuck at 30 fps

I also remember that my cursor was 60 fps when touching the tablet, but as soon as i lift up my pen, it becomes 30 fps
Hopefully, it is fixed now thanks to the github hawku drivers + they are 100 times easier to set up and with more options !
devocub driver or hawku driver?
THAT_otaku
Please don't bump old threads. I wouldn't recommend using third party tablet drivers like hawku unless you absolutely have to, the official drivers for your tablet should work in most cases
vetya

THAT_otaku wrote:

Please don't bump old threads. I wouldn't recommend using third party tablet drivers like hawku unless you absolutely have to, the official drivers for your tablet should work in most cases
i used hawku, wacom driver and it stil stutters like there is not that much cursortrail, its in 30 fps but the game is normal