forum

[Archived] CustomFrameLimit does not work

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SynnerStar
Problem Details: hello ;w;
well,i can't put a custom FPS in the osu!.<user>.cfg file, when i open osu the value goes back to 240, ur guys know what i can do? thank you very much in advance

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
osu! version: 20180510.4 (latest)
(cutting edge btw)
Sandy Hoey
Dumb question. Did you save and restart osu!
Topic Starter
SynnerStar

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Dumb question. Did you save and restart osu!
i did this several times and it does not work
(saved and then opened osu again)
when i open osu(after saving the file)this shit back to 240

btw i've always used this same method
but out of nowhere it stopped working
Death
Are you actually editing the right cfg file? The filepath for that osu! folder says osu!Fallback and judging from your task bar it looks like you have 2 osu! installations.
Topic Starter
SynnerStar

Death wrote:

Are you actually editing the right cfg file? The filepath for that osu! folder says osu!Fallback and judging from your task bar it looks like you have 2 osu! installations.
no
i have just one osu installation
i already used this same folder for the fallback osu and soon after i returned it to normal(when i returned to normal the .cfg file was working normally)
i have two folders but one of them(osu!fallback) is empty

my osu installation is on ''osu!fallback(btmps e skins)''

the user i'm using to play now is ''Potato'' and i'm changing the osu!.Potato.cfg file

btw this second icon is the same as the first, just a bugged shortcut
Death
Is osu! closed when you are making these changes?

Make sure you open the file after the game is completely closed, then make your changes and save, then close your text editor. Double check to make sure your changes actually saved.

Then after that is done try opening your game again using the exe inside your osu! folder instead of a shortcut.
Topic Starter
SynnerStar

Death wrote:

Is osu! closed when you are making these changes?

Make sure you open the file after the game is completely closed, then make your changes and save, then close your text editor. Double check to make sure your changes actually saved.

Then after that is done try opening your game again using the exe inside your osu! folder instead of a shortcut.
yeah he is closed when i change
i'm using the same method i've used everytime(that method ur saying)
but now doesn't work more :c