forum

[osu!std] Cindelluna's Summer Tour '18 [FINISHED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cindelluna

Hello everyone and welcome to the very first installment of the Cindelluna Summer Tour! Due to being the first installment, this tournament is targeted for the mid 5 digits of osu ranking from 40k-60k. There are plans to open up more brackets for future installments, so fear not both lower ranks and higher ranks!

OPEN ME
  1. This will be an osu! standard international tournament
  2. Players will be competing against each other in 1v1
  3. Scoring system used will be score v1
  4. Rank range is strict, there will be no exceptions
  5. Matches will only occur on weekends ( Saturday-Sunday )
  6. The round of 64 will be randomly seeded and from there a single elimination bracket system will continue
  7. Scheduling will be based off of player availability only for round of 64 and quarter finals to finals, everything else will follow the time slots provided in the schedule
  8. Win conditions:
    >Round of 32 BO7 (first to 4)
    >Round of 16 BO9 (first to 5)
    >Quarter finals - Finals BO11 (first to 7)
  9. There will be 3 mappools; Round of 64 + 32 will both be using first, Round of 16 will use the second, and the Quarter finals - Finals will use the third
  10. The total star difficulty range of all the mappools is 4.00*-5.09*
    >#1 = 4.00*-4.39*
    >#2 = 4.39*-4.69*
    >#3 = 4.69*-5.09*
  11. Tiebreakers will be at most 0.3* above the max star difficulty for their mappool
  12. We will be streaming matches during specific times which are stated in the schedule above
  13. All times will be in UTC, a time converter is provided above in the links for those who do not know how to translate well between time zones

OPEN ME
  1. May 16th - Registration will open @15:00 UTC
  2. May 25th - Registration closes @15:00 UTC
    Should all 64 slots be filled by then, we will still keep registration open for reserves until this time
  3. May 27th - Random seeding will be completed + posted @15:00 UTC
  4. May 28th - Mappool #1 will be released @15:00 UTC
  5. May 30th - Match schedule will be released @15:00 UTC
  6. June 2nd - Round of 64 occurs, normal matches will occur @06:00-13:00 UTC and 16:00-23:00 UTC, streamed matches will be @18:00-23:00 UTC
  7. June 3rd - Round of 32 occurs, normal matches will occur @06:00-13:00 UTC and 16:00-23:00 UTC, streamed matches will be @18:00-23:00 UTC
  8. June 4th - Mappool #2 will be released @15:00 UTC
  9. June 6th - Match schedule will be released @15:00 UTC
  10. June 9-10th - Round of 16 occur, all matches will be streamed
    June 9th matches @06:00-13:00 UTC
    June 10th matches @16:00-23:00 UTC
  11. June 11th - Mappool #3 will be released @15:00 UTC
  12. June 13th - Match schedule will be released @15:00 UTC
  13. June 16th - Quarter finals occur, then later in the day semi-finals, streamed matches will be announced after scheduling for these matches are done
  14. June 17th - Losers of semi-finals go head to head to determine 3rd, then the two winners of semi’s go head to head for 1st and 2nd place. All of these matches will be streamed.

OPEN ME
  • General:
  1. All players must be between the ranks of 40,000 - 60,000 at the start of the tournament. However, if during the tournament you rank past the limit or decay past the limit you are safe to stay in the tournament.
  2. To register you must have at least 50 hours minimum of playtime and an account that has been registered for at least a month
  3. Although reserves are accepted, it is not a guarantee you will be admitted into the tournament
  4. The only staff allowed to participate will be referees and commentators (all other staff roles are unable to participate at all due to the nature of their jobs)
  5. Joining the discord is mandatory for all players as it will be used to communicate to and between players and staff. No discord? Either make one or you will not be allowed to join.
  6. When joining the discord, please change your nickname to your in-game username, there will also be more instructions upon welcome to the discord
  7. In the event of a name change please notify staff via discord
  8. As the tournament progresses scheduling becomes difficult, should the match you are placed in not fit your schedule you may ask another player if they can switch spots with you. For spot switches, proof of confirmation between both parties must be provided to staff
  9. Toxicity is not permitted. Cases will be judged individually by the staff, however in general, we will use a two-strike system (depending on the severity of the offense). Playful banter is perfectly acceptable, but outright flaming and harassment is not cool.
  10. The above rule applies to the discord as well, should any players harass or abuse other players or staff or regular members of the discord it will result in a strike.
    Match Rules:
  11. It is highly recommended to be online 10 minutes before your match for the purpose of setting up lobbies, players who do not show up after 10 minutes from the scheduled match time will result in the match being a loss/elimination for them
  12. Players who don’t show up to their assigned match without notifying the staff of a time conflict will be blacklisted from the next installment of this tournament
  13. If you are scheduled for a streamed match, it is mandatory to be on 10 minutes before your match starts
  14. Disconnects are unfortunate, but they happen. A disconnect will be treated as a map loss, unless the player who didn’t disconnect agrees to replay the map. If a player is disconnected for longer than 10 minutes, the match will be considered forfeit.
  15. During a match, the ref will always have the final say for anything that happens in a lobby.
  16. Each player will be allowed a warm-up and each warm-up must be less than 4:00, longer maps will be allowed, however only at the permission of the ref and other player. Anything exceeding 6:00 is banned from being used as a warm-up.
  17. Freemod picks must be played with at least one mod: HD, HR, or HDHR. All other mods are banned from use during a free mod pick.
  18. Tiebreakers will play similarly to freedmod picks, however the choice of using no mods at all is available for tiebreakers
  19. There will only be 1 ban for each player and the order of that as well as who will pick the first map will be decided by a !roll at the start of the match
  20. Winner of the roll will get first warmup + first map pick + second ban, and the other player will get first ban pick + second warmup + second map pick (from there we will cycle between the two for map picks).
  21. No same mod maps may be picked in a row
    >For example: two nomod picks may not be played in a row, two hd picks may not be played in a row
    All players are expected to know and abide by these rules, no exceptions will given to those who break them. We are not responsible if you “didn’t know” about any of these rules considering they are posted before the tournament even starts.

OPEN ME
This is a list of players banned for varying amounts of times from participating in any installments due to varying reasons. Such reasons can be, but are not limited to: excessive toxicity, harassment, rule breaking, cheating, etc. Appeals can be handled by messaging the host (me) via discord DM. The Last Chance List is for players who have appealed and been accepted back. However, these players are on their very last strike and should they break any rules/step out of line are permanently banned.

Blacklist:
  1. Evelyn - duration > all future installments unless player appeals
  2. Geschwaetz - duration > half year (2 installments)

Last Chance List:
  1. Optimistic

OPEN ME
#1:

Spreadsheet

#2:

Spreadsheet

#3: Graphic | Spreadsheet

OPEN ME

1st
Custom mousepad or tablet cover + 3 months supporter
(mouse pad is the small size from foxbox.io)
2nd
2 months supporter
3rd
1 month supporter

♡Special Thanks♡
♡Special Thanks♡
Playtesters: [ Hazard ], - Exirian -, Bowlcut, Loli Eater, Sol_Azul, Worleth, Zirmike
Forum post formatting + reviewing: Axaptice, Nonamegohst, Syltrix
I’m in great need of more refs! Interested in working as one? Then feel free to sign-up through the staff sign-up form in the links above!! All the help I can get is much appreciated<3

- TOURNAMENT NOW FINISHED, Congrats to our top 5 finishers!~ -

ABSOLUTE EPIC 5
Sounds fun!
[ Hazard ]
STUPID HD NERF FUCK IM OVERRANKED I'm too good for this
VirtualCypress
What if I get to 39k today?
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
"All players must be between the ranks of 40,000 - 60,000 at the start of the tournament. However, if during the tournament you rank past the limit or decay past the limit you are safe to stay in the tournament. "
sent you a DM as well regarding this as well!
Stupid Idiot
Why must the update hit me now ;w;
Fensh
Sounds fun! :3
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
Quick update
Due to the recent reworks and balance, for this installment only there will be the following added rules:
  1. Players within 5k of bracket range will be accepted as reserves. (35k-40ks & 60k-65ks)
  2. For filling up open spots at the end of registrations it will be prioritize by the order people were entered into the reserves.
  3. Once the tournament starts, for no-show spots only those in the rank range (40k-60k) from reserves are eligble to fill those spots
Dragbit 5
oof so now i can join :YAA:
Evelyn_old_1
owo.
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
Round of 32 matches are now underway for the next 24 hours, all will be hosted and streamed on my channel:
https://www.twitch.tv/cindelluna
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
Finals Weekend starts today with the first match at 19:50 UTC!~
Stream schedule is updated in the schedule above, check out the stream here:
https://www.twitch.tv/cindelluna
Topic Starter
Cindelluna
- TOURNAMENT NOW FINISHED, Congrats to our top 5 finishers!~ -