forum

Vocaloid Family

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rey-volution
when I have some free time, I try to make a skin. And now, I've finish make this skin :)

here's some Screenshoot

here's download links:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ane94b0u55r26ea

I'm sorry if this skin have some mistake or not good in appearance
enjoy :)
DLonfy
Nice =3
Samwais
Looks very nice, trying it out now :3

EDIT: Ohh this skin is epic ^_^

Didn't notice any sort of flaws, loved the fact that there was something unique for every playing mode.
Added a miku character to the taiko mode (got it off of the "custom taiko characters" thread) just to make everything vocaloid :3

One very minor thing, I personally am not a huge fan of the backgrounds for ranks, but that's more about personal preference than anything else.
Topic Starter
Rey-volution

DLonfy wrote:

Nice =3
Thank you :)

Samwais wrote:

Looks very nice, trying it out now :3

EDIT: Ohh this skin is epic ^_^

Didn't notice any sort of flaws, loved the fact that there was something unique for every playing mode.
Added a miku character to the taiko mode (got it off of the "custom taiko characters" thread) just to make everything vocaloid :3

One very minor thing, I personally am not a huge fan of the backgrounds for ranks, but that's more about personal preference than anything else.
okay, thanks for the advice ^_^
Kei
Hey! Here's some feedback from me:
  1. This skin is supposed to have elements and pics of all of the most well-known Vocaloids.. but.. WHERE'S GAKUPO!? D: He needs more loveeeeee.. ;___________; You added ranking scores of Haku and Honne Dell.. IN FACT! Haku appears in 2 ranking images, but Gackpoid in none of them when he's a well-known and awesome♥ Vocaloid. I'm really disapointed.

2. I think that you used way too much elements/images of Miku and Rin&Len. KAITO only appears at the ranking-B.png, comboburst-4.png and pause-overlay.png image. Meiko only appears at the pause-overlay.png and at the ranking-D image.. at least.. you should add a comboburst of her.

3. comboburst-5.png isn't properly cropped. As you can see, a part of her body is missing.. you cropped it accidentally with the magical wand tool in Photoshop, I guess:
    And also, you didn't cropped the background at all. I'm exactly reffering to this:
    There are more combobursts with this issue (comboburst-0.png, etc). Check all the images by yourself and crop their background properly. Also, this GUMI image doesn't look good at all. I think that there are a lot of way better GUMI artworks.. but well, that's my opinion.

4. fail-background.png size is 1501x1124. You should resize this image to 1024x768 (the same applies to all the other bg elements like playfield.png, spinner-background, etc).

5. Your combobursts are too big. Combobursts cannot have more size than the comboburst of the template skin (388x767). You should fix this too.

6. I personally dislike the pause-back, pause-continue, and pause-retry images. They look bad due to that colorful pause-overlay image you choosed to use. Perhaps use another better and more suitable image?

7. That Miku in the hitcircle isn't noticeable at all since it gets covered with the combo number. Maybe you should try to make another better hitcircle.. maybe a hitcircle with a musical note or something (it would look good since your lighting.png image is a musical note).
I don't like very much this kind of colorful skins to play but it is a good skin anyways. Keep it up. I think that this skin can be improved more. :3
MLGnom
Hmm... Skin isn't bad at all, but could be better. :3
Let's do a small feedback ( I don't care if it have all characters or someone is missing it's your skin and your invention. :3) :

1. Combobursts :
- fix the sizes of combobursts, they should have no more than 767px height and no more than 500px width (500px width is rule for beatmaps so you can make them a little wider but don't overdo it),
- combobursts-5 need some fixing, (fast cropping is bad ;) )
- combobursts-3 also need reposition to the corner (but first need to fix sizes ^^)
2. Cursor : Try making cursor a little smaller because glow effect was cut on sides.
3. Numbers : Try fixing numbers positions some of them are higher than others.
4. Backgrounds : fix their sizes to 1024x768.
5. menu-button-background and ranking/pause buttons have a little bad looking corners, try fixing them.
6. Spinner circle is a little wobbly...

Well, probably I could find some more details to fix but that not a point right now.
Also if you need some help with skin (cropping, finding pictures etc.) fell free to PM me. :3
Topic Starter
Rey-volution
Thank you very much for the advice Kei & MLGnom. acctually I don't want to upload this skin in this forum first, but I really want to share to all osu player in here...

for ranking-A, rangking-B, etc I make it the colour same with the character hair or the appearance. So, ranking A is green,I put Gumi there, rangking SH is grey, I put Haku, but in XH rank, I confuse when I looking for the character because I don't know what vocaloid character have grey theme. Can you help me for looking some character with grey theme? :( Anyway, I will change S rank character (Rin) to Akita Neru, so no double Rin in ranking-*.png.

for the comboburst, I will resize it first. for Comboburst-5, yeah I use magic wand and I really shocked when I see the crop is not perfect O.o. Yeah, I will fix it ><

for hitcircle, I will fix it :)

I will resize all the background also the numbers :)

thank you very much, I will fix it all if I have more free time ^^
Jekate
nice work
i like it :)
Topic Starter
Rey-volution

007jkt wrote:

nice work
i like it :)
gigaiDX
OMG!
this is a pretty good skin!
gj on it! :D
CapnDavid
Good job.
Topic Starter
Rey-volution
thanks all :D
estupidomiedox
JulyXC
Wow! This is pretty nice :D
Drexel13
sorry.. forgot to say thanks..
THANKS !! Nice skin it helps me a lot... :D
CookieMon
nice one :)

Topic Starter
Rey-volution
Thanks all, but I think this skin need some fix :)
Philoslother
Great skin!.....but where's Lily!?
Tenshichan
Looks great :D
Aoriki
Gakupo needs to appear more....But over all not bad at all.
show more