forum

Mania - drummer (also DDR) mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Arczii
Mod for drum controller. Maximum 2 patterns can be hitted in this same time and slider is perform by multiple fast hitting on that.

Edit:
TBH it's also pretty well for DDR controllers, except slider in this case which could be modified (give choice: keep touch or repeat hitting).

This mod would be unranked, I don't care - fun matters.
Flanster
so... taiko?
Topic Starter
Arczii

Flanster wrote:

so... taiko?

Taiko is different play-feeling, it has 4 buttons (truly 2 only).
There are many drum controller models, some can be extended to 8 "buttons". That's why I ask about Mania.
Sandy Hoey
I think it would be more accurate to ask for an extension of the key possibilities with Taiko because the mechanics you are explaining are basically Taiko
mijkolsmith

Arczii wrote:

Flanster wrote:

so... taiko?
Taiko is different play-feeling, it has 4 buttons only.
There are many drum controller models, some can be extended to 8 "buttons". That's why I ask about Mania.
You can just make maps which only have doubles, that would solve your problem
[MTF] Wolfette

mijkolsmith wrote:

Arczii wrote:

You can just make maps which only have doubles, that would solve your problem
Rock band drums have 4 lanes, with a pedal to hit the orange lines.

If it was only two rows, it would be laughably easy and wouldn't require much reading ability
mijkolsmith
[quote="[MTF] Wolfette"][quote="mijkolsmith"][quote="Arczii"]
There are many drum controller models, some can be extended to 8 "buttons". That's why I ask about Mania.[/quote]

You can just make maps which only have doubles, that would solve your problem[/quote]

Rock band drums have 4 lanes, with a pedal to hit the orange lines.

If it was only two rows, it would be laughably easy and wouldn't require much reading ability[/quote]

I didn't say two rows, I said only doubles.