forum

Enigmatic Summer Solstice Tourney (1k-8k,8k-20k,20k-50k) [Player Regs: Closed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dblade

Welcome to the Enigmatic Summer Solstice Tourney!

This is a osu!standard 3v3 team tournament for people in the rank range of 1k - 50k split among 3 tiers as follows:

- Tier 1: Ranks 1000 - 8000
- Tier 2: Ranks 8000 - 20000
- Tier 3: Ranks 20000 - 50000

This tourney will be using score v2, and will have three stages: a qualification stage, a double-elimination group stage, followed by a double-elimination bracket stage.

The Qualification stage will basically be used to limit the number of teams (32 or 64 depending on the size of staff) as well as being used to determine seeding into groups.

The discord server will be the source of pretty much all the information for this tournament, so if you're joining, either as player, staff, or even as a spectator, you'll want to join for all of the latest updates. (I'll apologize in advance if people are too..."meme-y" for lack of a better term.)

For all of the details of the rules of the tourney, refer to the Information document here or in the discord channel. The discord channel and that document will have all the information you need, and the discord channel will be where future announcements will be made! So make sure you join the channel if you are participating.

Player Registrations are live!. Find the form here This form is for both teams and soloists.

As far as staff, we are still looking for a couple of streamers! However, referees are also welcome. Any and all help would be appreciated!Just join the server here and spam ping me on the server, telling me you're wanting to join staff. For a current list of staff, refer to the main sheet.[/b]

Basic Information

1. Tournament is a 3v3 osu!Standard tournament.
  2. Rank range for the tourney is 1k - 50k split between three tiers: 1k - 8k (tier 1), 8k - 20k (tier 2), 20k - 50k (tier 3).
  3. Players above rank 900 and below 52k will not be accepted under any circumstances.
  4. Teams will consist of at least 4 players (max 6) for their respective bracket. The top 4 ranked players must be within the rank range of the tier the team wishes to compete in.
  5. Players may wish to sign up individually to be teamed up with other soloists, or to later join another team.
  6. Tournament consists of three stages: Qualifiers, Groups, and Bracket Stage.
  7. Qualifiers will have every team play through 5 maps twice in order to determine seeding and the top 32 teams into groups.
  8. Groups will be a double-elimination with 4 teams per group
  9. Bracket Stage will be a standard double elimination involving the top 16 teams from groups.
    Group Stage matches are all BO7 (except the elimination and decider matches which are both BO9), RO16/Quarterfinals are BO9, Semifinals/Winner's Finals are BO11, and Loser's Finals/Grand Finals are both BO13.
  10. We reserve the right to deny any and all suspicious accounts/players from participating in the tournament.

Rough Schedule

1. Player Sign ups open | June 15th, 2018
  2. Qualifiers Mappool Release | July 7th, 2018
  3. Player Sign ups close | July 9th, 2018 (00:01 UTC)
  4. Soloist Drawings | July 9th, 2018 (~15:00 UTC)
  5. Qualifier Matches | July 13th - 15th
  6. Group Stages | July 20th - 22nd, July 27th - 29th
  7. Bracket Stages | Projected to end before September 1st.

Rules Summary

1. There will not be warmups during the Qualifications or the Group Stage.
  2. Warmups during Bracket Stages may be no longer than 5 minutes, and warmups are optional when allowed.
  3. Teams are allowed to ban 2 maps each per match (except for Qualification/Group Matches, no bans in Qualification stage and 1 ban each for groups), alternating between teams, with no restrictions on bans.
  4. Before matches will start, team captains will roll for their team, and team with the highest roll will pick first and ban second. Picks will alternate as well.
  5. Teams will be given at most 3 minutes for picking/banning each map, and at most 3 minutes to switch between team members.
  6. For free mod picks, teams are required to use at least 2 mods per team, picked from HD, HR, and FL.
  7. Should both teams be at match point, or in other words should both teams be one point away from winning, the tiebreaker is played as the last map instead.
  8. Tiebreaker does not require any mods, however it is a freemod map.
  9. There are no restrictions on what a team can or cannot pick (besides the obvious must pick maps from the mappool for that match) except the fact that a team cannot pick a map that was banned for the match.
  10. In the event of a tie during a map, the same map will be played again.
  11. In the case of a disconnection, a rematch will only be played if the disconnection occurred within the first 30 seconds of the map.
  12. If a team all fails a map at the same time, then the other team will win the point for that map.
  13. The referees may nullify rules at their discretion if necessary, and have the final say in what occurs during the match.

Prizes

Badges are confirmed to be given out to the winning team in each tier.

If you'd like to donate towards a prize pool let me know.
mahloola
lole im gay
Sunohara Shun
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
rhythm on osu
:eyes:
Catzzye
Can't wait!
oishii
anyone want to hook me up with a team ;)
nik
Player Sign ups open | June 15nd, 2018
i wonder if i can finally break my curse and get out of 51k by then
Horou
Wait, if it's 3v3, how come a team can consist of 4+ players? Or am I misunderstanding here? xD
Stupid Idiot

Horou wrote:

Wait, if it's 3v3, how come a team can consist of 4+ players? Or am I misunderstanding here? xD

1. The rest are meant to be backup in case someone from the team isn't available, or

2. Some team members might prefer to play certain maps, so having more members gives them the versatility
Horou

Espalza wrote:

Horou wrote:

1. The rest are meant to be backup in case someone from the team isn't available, or

2. Some team members might prefer to play certain maps, so having more members gives them the versatility

Ah, I see. Thanks!
-rush
oh double you oh
Karisawa Eri
register
Windows 11 Pro
Peanut Butter
[Munn]
Looks great, can't wait!
Olii
Poggers
Xerpa
If anyone needs a teammate message me! 1k-8k bracket
Frame
Will we be allowed to substitute players in and out mid way through a match?
Topic Starter
dblade
Between maps yeah
Dwagon
owo;;
Neko Destroyer
lf team 8-20k bracket msg me :)
show more