forum

[Archived] OBS crashes osu when opening / closing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
beta1hit
When I open (or close) OBS Studio with osu! running, my game crashes a couple seconds after that.
If OBS Studio is open, I can freely open and close osu! as I want.

With fullscreen mode disabled (game being borderless) I can start / close OBS while osu! is running without any problems.

While compatibility mode fixes these issues even with fullscreen mode, it makes my game run at 15 fps when I'm tabbed out, making it look horrible for the obs stream.
With the game running borderless there's noticeable input delay, so I'd like to avoid that.

Is there a fix for this? Or do I have to live with it (always remember to never open OBS while playing? I swear I'm gonna loose a play to that at some point)

https://youtu.be/JUK9Mtjr8Uw
Hope this shows decently what I mean.

osu! version: 20180503.2
ripmyacc

beta1hit wrote:

When I open (or close) OBS Studio with osu! running, my game crashes a couple seconds after that.
If OBS Studio is open, I can freely open and close osu! as I want.

With fullscreen mode disabled (game being borderless) I can start / close OBS while osu! is running without any problems.

While compatibility mode fixes these issues even with fullscreen mode, it makes my game run at 15 fps when I'm tabbed out, making it look horrible for the obs stream.
With the game running borderless there's noticeable input delay, so I'd like to avoid that.

Is there a fix for this?

Same problems, same questions!
osu!+OBS work correctly only in compatibility mode (i mean osu not crash), but compatibility mode have a new problem - alt-tab is very slow, and if press on osu!direct button to download beatmap, game is making activity but screen is black and need to do atl+tab 2x to back in game
Rahadian Norman
i got this problem too, it was shame no one can't fix this glitchy problems