forum

[Archived] Osu! corrupted (?)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Phagosaur
So I tried launching Osu! today and there was some sort of update for the launcher. It finished, and i was greeted with an error message saying something about my database being corrupt:

I pressed the okay sign and Osu! opened but was in the fallback state, and couldn't click anything because the resolution was glitched, and i couldn't click on anything:

Every so often, the client manages to fix its resolution on its own and i can update the launcher, but this has been happening for a few days now. Help?
beepboopbam
What about taking a list of all your beatmaps again and reinstall osu!?
;-;
I would do something that simple tbh.
Gandoraffu
i'd say going to your Osu! install location, and try running "repair osu!"
Topic Starter
Phagosaur
I tried reinstalling Osu!, but still got a glitched client.
I also ran the "repair osu" in the game files, but it automatically opened Osu! instead, showing the glitched client.
Gandoraffu
maybe try installing a fresh client to something like a USB/external harddrive?
it creates a fresh "osu", (diffrent then the one on your PC right now)
and if that's fine, then maybe try to copy the osu folder and replace the existing copy on your PC?
HaymakerEnzu
This happened to me after installing the new Nvidia Drivers
Death
The new NVIDIA drivers have an issue where they unload themselves after your computer is idle for too long. Either roll back a version or install this hotfix they provided: http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4661

If you don't have an NVIDIA card, make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and give your computer a restart. Then you should be able to run the "repair osu!" shortcut in your osu! folder one more time and change your release stream to "Stable (Latest)" if it is still on fallback.

When you get switched to fallback, osu! creates a new osu!.db, but it also backs up your old osu!.db by adding a bunch of numbers to the end. Once you get your graphics situation figured out, you can rename this file back to "osu!.db" without the numbers if you want, although it's unnecessary to do so.
Topic Starter
Phagosaur
Hey, sorry for the late reply

Apparently, downloading that hotfix solved everything!
thanks!