forum

x

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AdvNyx
x
Frisbyy_old
Uninstall the game and never look at it again if it's destroying your life.I did that before on other game and it helped.
Flanster
Not every game stays in your interest indefinitely, if you do not feel it's worth investing any time into playing it, don't. Nobody is forcing you to do it. Despite the fact im still here, I've stopped playing actively years ago. But I make up for it with helping around the community. Theres plenty to do around here; tournaments, events, mapping, modding, skinning, helping around chat and/or forums. Mixing it up a bit always helps.
mariojudah
Apart from telling you just not to play, you could pick up other gamemodes, play different maps, etc.

You're really low rank, and I don't say this to diss you, I say this because you can so easily improve as a player from this point. But don't continue to play if you won't enjoy it- there's no point in that.

https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/330552
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/7y9j8l/86400_beatmap_pack_torrent_all_ranked_more/

Just some links if you have the hard disk space. You can sort by 'Recently played' at the top and click 'Never' then just run through the ones that catch your eye. Just if you wanted to spice it up a bit.
WilLight
Relax, take a break, do something else. When you feel like playing Osu again, go find some new beatmaps that sound cool and are not too hard, so you'll have something fresh instead of frustration of playing an old map you can't really pass. Don't rush or binge. Getting better is a long way and Osu can get pretty repetitive while you are at it.

Though, for me, it took a radical change of perspective to start enjoying clicking circles after a week of miserable failures. So find a way to play to make it fun for you, or look at something else. What's the point of playing a game that you are not enjoying, anyway?
ABD007
You can make osu as your playlist music ~ Just open osu, then afk ><

I think you are music lover, right ? That's why you are playing osu :)
Mixraz
Best way to give time for playing and for working is to set a timer
Andreww
You don't have nearly enough play count / time in game for you to have to worry about your performance. Always weigh up the benefits and risks. If you are really having fun, I can't tell you to stop. If you wish to quit, do so and think of it as a positive thing.
DaddyyDanni
I understand how you feel. With having anxiety games seem to be a way to escape and isolate yourself from people around you. It's hard and I understand it seems like an addiction, or something that you're using to pretty much "cover" your problems. I know it's hard but you should really try and seek professional support if it's getting too much for you. Although first like any addiction I'm proud you've noticed and admitted that problem, not only personally but publicly. That's a really big step. Why don't you play as usual but then cut down, put some timer on your computer? Try that for a while. If that doesn't work I'm sure if you search things like "How to deal with a gaming addiction" could give more efficient advice then I ever could, just speaking from experience. As for the friends issue, why don't you ask them too play with you? Or find new friends in this community, obviously other people writing things on here so why don't you try connect with them? I mean there's a few suggestions, I don't know if it'll help but I really hope it does.